Central Locking

Peterla

I have just fitted an alarm to my diso Jan 94 TDi. The alarm came with a central locking solenoid I fitted to the drivers side door. It seems the soleniod is not strong enough to lock the door. I have approached a local wrecker and asked if the sender mounted to the driver door that locks the other doors can be replaced with a sender and soleniod aswell. He told me that he thought the senser was a solenoid aswell but was not able to give me a wiring drawing.

Can anyone confirm this and let me know the what the wires do.

If this is not the case is there a later model disco part I can get to replace my sender unit that is a combined sender and solenoid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

I have just fitted an alarm to my diso Jan 94 TDi. The alarm came with a central locking solenoid I fitted to the drivers side door. It seems the soleniod is not strong enough to lock the door. I have approached a local wrecker and asked if the sender mounted to the driver door that locks the other doors can be replaced with a sender and soleniod aswell. He told me that he thought the senser was a solenoid aswell but was not able to give me a wiring drawing.

Can anyone confirm this and let me know the what the wires do.

If this is not the case is there a later model disco part I can get to replace my sender unit that is a combined sender and solenoid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

What i have found is that on disco the right hand 'solenoid' which is 4 wire is not a solenoid only a switching device. :rolleyes: