Thanks for your understanding

02GF74

Its getting quite hot in the office :angry:

There has been a further malfunction of the air con units, and as you may have noticed the air con has stopped again.

We are working on repairs, and will communicate to you further once we know where we are.

Thanks for your understanding

earlier there was scheduled routine maintenence of the units, hmmmm, no doubt the calendars are being consulted to find the coldest day of the year to schedule routine mainetenance of the heating system.

air conditioning??? what's that???? the government won't pay for us to have it so across camp it's ranging from 30 to 34^C, quite a bit of talk on the works newsgroups as you may have guessed ;) not as bad as the people out on the flight line, they're coming off the flight line covered in blisters :blink:

That's pretty much all I remember about working for QQ - hot tin sheds and newsgroups. Is there still someone called Hamlesh who spends his life posting uninteresting stuff to fill time?

John (in a nice office block, all glass and no aircon, 33°C)

IIRC that person left last year, found somewhere else to bore ;) seem to have lost most of the characters off the NG's over the past few years :(

Well, the air con has never worked in my corridor (despite the building being only about 10 years old). But that doesn't worry me because the air con in everyone else's corridors packs up when the outside temperature goes above 30-ish.

The best part is that none of this actually matters anyway, because in their infinite wisdom they have compensated for the lack of internal cooling but turning off any sources of heat. The lights in my office have been switched off since monday... :angry2::hysterical::angry2:

I guess the next step is to switch off all the flippin' computers...?

God bless 'Site Services'. :rolleyes:

Al.

Between Hamlesh and someone called Ken(?) who worked in Benbecula, my short placement was less boring than it otherwise could have been, before I got SO HACKED OFF with having nothing to do that I resigned.

Our H&S team have just turned off the fluorescent tubes in my office:

"But they're not hot, see, I can touch them."

"Ah, but it just feels cooler in the dark, dunnit?"

This is the same team who've pulled sheet blinds down over the window to exclude the sun. They also stop the air circulating, as I can see because they're sucked against the open window frame, but what do I know, I'm not allowed to perform the type of risk assessments that prevent people from opening filing cabinet drawers, but which allowed thirty school kids to drive a bus around the yard last week. :angry::rtfm::angry:

We have lovely air conditioned offices here - for the young thrusting types in purple shirts - while the equipment areas have the air con turned down to save leccy and encourage premature failure in millions of pounds worth of equipment... :rolleyes:

Last time something went horribly wrong no-one listened until my mate opened all the equipment room doors and let a 40+C draught blow up the stairs to the big bosses offices, then the sh.. hit the fan, only the fan had been stolen and put in front of an optic system to keep it alive too :lol:

Between Hamlesh and someone called Ken(?) who worked in Benbecula, my short placement was less boring than it otherwise could have been, before I got SO HACKED OFF with having nothing to do that I resigned.

Oh that would Ken C O'Neil then ;) he's still here! I'm only here since it's half a mile from where I live and the share offer is being cashed next week :i-m_so_happy:

I am in a room with a 15' window thats had the sun all morning and I am 10' from Lucys new 14.5kW oven. Its damn warm in here I CAN TELL YOU!

Will :rolleyes:

tut tut, mixing metric and imperial units in the same sentence, bad form old chap. :rolleyes:

surely QQ invented heat, heatwaves etc

:)

guess which side of the fence I work on...

QQ newsgroups, what is it up to now, talk30 or something ?

I'm amazed they aint come up with an equation for the perfect summers day, like they did for the perfect football kick or what ever it was :rolleyes:

On a construction site in a steel cabin (office) the sparkies were due last Thursday to power up the 10 units but still no show promised for tomorrow I will believe it when it happens.

No air-con or fans or light or anything just still oven like heat 11hr straight

Dusty construction site on the edge of London with no shade...

The Ground workers cabin is the only one with power so it has the massive site fridge (Double lucozade supermarket one) so the heat in there is 50+

as the manager I still have to wear a tie I hate my job some times

apparently the resin holding the motor windings could not cope with the heat. hopefully it will be fixed for tomorrow. at least we're allowed to wear shorts and the women swimsuits shorts too ......

but look on the bright side, it could be if one had to go on the tube or lived in Beirut.