Billing

Thinking I may go to Billing this year, I know but the south west show got binned!! is anyone else going? are you camping? if so where?

Jason.

Yes, yes, in my tent.

Will be working at X-eng.

Chris

So I guess you will be camping on site then Chris? is it safe (for kit) these days? Went a few years back where just about everything that was not nailed down went walkies!!!

Didn't fancy loosing the trailer just yet.

Jason.

I will be there one of the days, was going to camp but I've been drafted in to work one of the Sat/Sun as some inconsiderate people have taken holiday!

Won't be buying anything major as money is tight (as ever :() but I can't pass up the day of nosing about and meeting/greeting :)

We'll be travelling down from Fife on Thursday and staying Thurs., Fri. and Saturday night. We've rented a static caravan from Billing, as we did last year. Just means you arrive and go straight to Vinnies for a pint with no tent/awning to put up.

Geoff :)

So I guess you will be camping on site then Chris? is it safe (for kit) these days? Went a few years back where just about everything that was not nailed down went walkies!!!

Didn't fancy loosing the trailer just yet.

Jason.

I, and the rest of the group from the Horsham area, have camped in the main site at Billing every year for the last 15 odd years. In that time the only theft we know of was a box of beer left out and taken during the night. For the most part we are reasonably careful and take sensible precautions, and being a large group there is usually someone around 'our' camping area. In recent years we have camped behind the X-eng stand as it has been on the edge of the show area

This year the X-eng stand will be in the middle of the show area so I guess we will be camping somewhere else - though we may end up camping inside the X-eng stand... :) As a trader X-eng has not been victim to any theft - that we know about anyway - other than at the Indoor 4x4 show this year where we lost an X-light off our stand. Again we take sensible precautions, put our stock and valuable kit away every evening, lock up the generator during the day etc..

Take your trailer, but chain it to the Landy bumper or fit a wheel clamp. Most stuff that gets stolen anywhere just gets picked up and walked off with, make life hard for them and they will look elsewhere.

Chris

Neil... Unless I'm mistaken, you were there last year or possibly the year before. With. A mate and I think you were looking for a trailer tyre?! If you're camping give me a shout :).

Umm....that'l be my age and forgetting I'd been before then! :D:blink:

We will be there with the camel on the camel stand.

@landroversforever As far I know SHIRES are not having a stand there this year, but I think they are planning to have one at Land Rover MAX though.

Rich

As Chris (GBMUD) Said, X-Eng will be there. This year we have a stand overlooking the main arena (Stand A15) for a change!

So far as security is concerned, it has been much better the last two years (Since Live Events has organised it) and hopefully this year will be similar. I think most of the thefts are opportunist - so if you take reasonable precautions in terms of hiding anything you feel like hanging on to and making sure nobody is looking as you return to your stand and hide it, the chances of it happening are fairly low.

Taking a casual walk round the camp site you can see all kinds of things that are just asking to be stolen. I saw a brand new 8274 sitting out in front of someones tent while the presumable owner was having a shouting match about how much it had cost with someone (wife / GF?) round the back. It would have been very easy to walk off with it - and it was also clear there would be a new winch in a box for the taking later when they were not around! That kind of thing is daft!

At the show, I'll honour the 10% discount for Forum Members if you identify yourself to Chris or I. For some items, there is a little bit more margin available for haggling too - appreciating that times are hard!

Si

As Chris (GBMUD) Said, X-Eng will be there. This year we have a stand overlooking the main arena (Stand A15) for a change!

So far as security is concerned, it has been much better the last two years (Since Live Events has organised it) and hopefully this year will be similar. I think most of the thefts are opportunist - so if you take reasonable precautions in terms of hiding anything you feel like hanging on to and making sure nobody is looking as you return to your stand and hide it, the chances of it happening are fairly low.

Taking a casual walk round the camp site you can see all kinds of things that are just asking to be stolen. I saw a brand new 8274 sitting out in front of someones tent while the presumable owner was having a shouting match about how much it had cost with someone (wife / GF?) round the back. It would have been very easy to walk off with it - and it was also clear there would be a new winch in a box for the taking later when they were not around! That kind of thing is daft!

At the show, I'll honour the 10% discount for Forum Members if you identify yourself to Chris or I. For some items, there is a little bit more margin available for haggling too - appreciating that times are hard!

Si

How handy, I am in need one of your X-Fan kits.

See you there! :D