Billing

I'm from Derby or Wirksworth, depending on what day it is :D

That'd be good, I have Thur/Fri off so will head down around lunch on Thur, I really want to get the Series 3 finished for this but I think that's going to be a big ask so I'll either be in the Discovery or the CSK :)

I'd be up for some greenlanes on the Friday.

Ahh Im from Ashover, and im taking a girl out tonight thats from wirksworth! Were aiming to set off a little later, we'll catch up if your in the csk!

Task, your from Buxton direction are you not? My friend (isaac90) and I are driving down on the Thursday night so will be there all day Friday.

We may see you on the way down!

Marshall briefing is at 17.00 on the Friday, Setting up is on the Friday daytime I believe.

Quote from Neil when I asked him on D44:

If you are available to help on Thursday and Monday that would be a bonus.

There will always be things to do!

:)

If you are planning to camp at 7S and do not know what to expect from the campsite, I suggest taking some 6" nails and a good hammer to substitute for tent pegs. Also, if camping in a ground tent, I would take something to put under it - folded tarpaulin perhaps and/or a decent mattress. They have recently installed wind turbines on the site too so expect it to be windy! ...and being Wales, wet!

Chris

Arse, that's a little annoying and I'm sure that wasn't on the website middle of last week :/

Oh well, I'll go down first thing Friday morning, campsite sounds interesting too. I'll dig out my rock-pegs and tarp.

I have an air-mattress too.

We are sorry for any inconvenience but you have to understand that this is private land and we have booked it for a certain period of time.

We have done what we can to cater for the expected influx of visitors following the postponement of Billing.

The showcaves is an excellent campsite but make sure you have plenty of midge repellant.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope you enjoy the event.

No worries, appreciate that there is something going on to pick up where billing dropped us :)

is space going to be an issue on the KOV camp site? got a fairly sizeable tent so just want to make sure it'll fit.

I might well pitch up at showcaves for a night, cheers for the suggestions.

Well, I got my tent out and found it to be less than serviceable, went out and got myself a S/H trailer tent :)

SeriousIIA - I'll be at showcaves Thursday afternoon/eve, more than happy to share a beer and if the weathers good I'll try and fire a BBQ up! Green Discovery 1 and the nutty springer spaniel.

just a quick one. got my confirmation email from the booking for camping,

the website says, and the lady said on the phone, that tickets are included, and i can pick them up on the door.

however, on the email, it mentions nothing about the show, nor picking up tickets.

its the right dates, and i specifically booked for Billing LRO show.

so its probably just me being paranoid, but could anyone else confirm that the information is correct for the show (P.S. im camping in the aquadrome)

company: pureleisureholidays

pitch: Billing Teal standard pitch.

cost £65

thanks

Mikey, that's the same information we had for camping, however I'm not camping any more as the GF couldn't do the new dates and I don't fancy going it alone.

I'll be there for the day though.

cheers is there a certian time/stand any LR4x4 members are meeting at during the weekend?

p.s. ill be the blue series 3, with the beacons and twin CB ariels, and fairy lights, but you probably knew that...

hopefully will make a bbq in time too

It looks like most of the more interesting traders are coming! I like the sound of "the cheese & pie man" ;)

It's a shame D44 & Gigglepin will not be along - I understand that their staff had holidays booked and it would be unfair to force them to cancel - but they seem to be in the minority. I think that even without them, it should be just as cool as always!

Si

Think I'll be popping up up the Friday to fit around various other commitments. Any one else going to be there on Friday? I'll be sure to pop into X-Eng and say hello.

Hopefully I'll be in the 90, failing that it will have to be a eurobox <runs for cover> in which case I may have more to spend on things :lol:

Yup! The first batch of the pedal locks arrived today - so it was kind of lucky Billing was postponed!

I don't have as many as I would like - but it's a start! I'll have about 50 gear locks, some fuel locks but none of the barrel locks sadly!

The barel locks cost too much to machine from Billet such that they would cost over £100 which I think is too much! I have a quote to cast then machine them which is way cheaper - but requires £10k worth of moulds & stuff - so ill have to save up a bit before I go down that route! I'm hoping that the other products will generate enough to pay for the tooling for the barrel lock. I'm determined that it will happen though!

Si