All Forum Members Please Read This.

Les Henson

I think Motorhead has hit most of the nail on the head, better than most - sorry Nige - but as I have said on LRE, back off Trev.

If one of the Forums dies then so be it, let it happen as and when it happens. Has ORRP died? No-one gave it a chance back in the early days becuase of all the other 'good forums' like LRO (!!!) Has Sweaty Armpits or Outer Limits hit the dust because of RockCrawler or the many other damn good Forae on the net?

I have more reason than any of you on LRA or LRE to dislike Mr Green, yet I am waiting to see what will happen with LRE and I will give Trev any support he wants because he is trying - even if RG is still involved!

I was told when LRA started that I could have my old job back as a RoW Mod with Will - a sensible move when you think about it, me being a Glass Rep, Road Book writer and suchlike. Did I throw my toys out of the pram when nothing happened - nah! What's the point! I realised that the promises had come from the wrong people and that politics is everywhere, anyway, I don't hold grudges anymore (except with my ex wife) and remembering the bitching that went on in the Mods section of LRE, why would I want to be involved with that again?

So lets just back of and leave things be. Lets stop the bitching and the back stabbing before it gets nasty (like it has done before on many forums).

By the way, Mr Cordell gets my vote and if he e-mails me his new address a cheque will be on it's way!

I feel a mild case of deja vu coming on. I wrote this on LRC on the 26th of Aug:

"It seems to me that the list of Land Rover forums gets longer and longer, a bit like the list of mags. And, like the mags, the content gets steadily more diluted, samey and commercially driven until people get bored and wander away. Unless of course someone comes up with something refreshing and different, but then that's always the clever bit isn't it?"

Funnily enough that's STILL the last post on that particular forum, which would rather seem to prove the point...

Cheers

Luke

This place feel like "ours" Geoff and Les H and the others spent a LOT of time and effort building this roof over our heads and I think we are all very grateful for that.

I personally feel bitter towards the LRE forum, I see myself as one of the MIDLESS INDIVIDUALS that were slated on the original message. I can't give much technical advice, and most of the time I don't know how to ask the questions either. Hopefully no-one minds here!

From what I understand LRE forum won't be LRE soon, presumably it will be BLR, but has the censorship issue altered - and if it has why the hell has Les Henson's duplicate post on LRE been deleted? Of all the people to censor - HOW STUPID!

Bigfoots actions were certainly not just to save the archive, and I'm surprised that he seems to have alianated the former Moderators. I'm sure he has his reasons (arm twisted behind back perhaps)

White90 - if you're happy to be our treasurer, say so and I'll send you my chq

edited to say:

I posted part of this on LRE - trev sent me this pm -

Hello Fiona

I'm sorry that you believe that I have some alterior motive in trying to save this forum.

In fact I have taken so much flack over the past 24 hours, I'm considering jacking it in completely!

Also as a point of fact, I have asked the moderators for their help with moderating this forum. I did not set out to alienate them.

Regards

- Trevor

And...err... could someone fix the double posting ? !

Stop double clicking on web forms then :P

Seriously - yes, it can be blocked, same as it is on the ex-LRE forum (or whatever we're supposed to be calling it at the moment), but it requires a bit of code hacking and I don't want to start on anything like that until we see how things finish up.

Right now I'm not sure which way is up... :unsure:

Having given it a bit of thought …… all of 10 seconds :rolleyes: ………. this forum has to be the way forward.

Yes, Tony gets my vote, as does Les and the rest of the current mods ………… just tell me when you want the wad.

Ian

90 V8EFI TruckCab

B) I happen to like being a Land Rover Addict. My missus has been calling me that for a number of years now. The disease has been getting worse though and now I have a place to go to talk to other addicts, just like AA.

If funds are required please post an address. I too am willing to dig deep in my pockets and donate whatever is needed.

I don't post to much since I don't have much to say but I sure like the company.

Cheers

Derek

'82 Lightweightairportablehalfton ;)

2 words: "Fcuk LRE".

Why don't we all make posts over there saying "Move to LRA" (pretty immature and will probably be deleted).

So...

Who are the people running the new/old LRE Forum anyway? WHo are they, ho's funding them, what are their objectives and why are they propagating another Forum under an old (but changing) banner that simply causes confusion? Can't we simply invite them to join us in here?

2 words: "Fcuk LRE".

Why don't we all make posts over there saying "Move to LRA" (pretty immature and will probably be deleted).

So...

Who are the people running the new/old LRE Forum anyway? WHo are they, ho's funding them, what are their objectives and why are they propagating another Forum under an old (but changing) banner that simply causes confusion? Can't we simply invite them to join us in here?

Please don't.

You folks have taken a lot of time and trouble to set up this new home for us - for which many thanks. It also has a brighter, breezier look to it than the old one ever had.

I'll vote for us all to stay here & move forward with this all-new one.

The "old" one is tired & tainted. Let's not forget that it was a reincarnation of the original LRO forum. Let it die. It formally died about 10 days ago, but had been in terminal decline for one hell of a long time before that, having been on life-support under the auspices of a few stalwarts, most of whom now apprear to be lynch pins in this new one.

That's my 2p/2c worth, anyway.

- Richard

Hi Guys,

Like a lot of the forumeers I dont post very much but I really enjoy this place, the banter and all the good advice. Also, I apreciate the time and effort that everyone has put into getting this site up and running and would like to say a big thank you to all involved.

If you need funds, just post.

Regards,

Bryan

Trevor, please consider the history of recent events: i.e, announcement of of impending closure of LRE, invitaion to e-mail regarding "news". e-mail reply inviting us to log in to LRA.

Once LRA is up and running (and then falls over) do you you or do you not think we are entitled to think "WTF" and assorted conspiracy type thoughts?

Are you surprised that people question your motives???

It would be better not to divide and rule....

I will not post on the (ex?) LRE forum any more.

Like everyone who's posting on LRA I like the ambience and sense of freedom....it's new and it feels like we are all free again. Great!

However, an enormous amount has happened over the last few weeks, with bad blood splirting everywhere, and the immense distrust causing some people to look over their shoulders. I feel justified in being critical of exerciseer Green & co for letting this mess happen in the first place.....but I'm getting worried when I hear colleagues laying into moderators.

I think we ought to pause for breath and reflect upon what we now have. Having two forums may confuse, but we now have access again to those important archives.......and we have yet to see the majority of LRE subscribers migrate to LRA.

If you read Bigfoot's post of today's date in the British Iles section of the LRE Forum you will see confirmation that the link with the LRE magazine has completely gone.....and we all now know that's a good thing indeed.

Further [and I say this through gritted teeth] if we're being objective we should acknowledge that someone within LRE's management has exercised a not inconsiderable degree of statesmanship to allow the Forum to pass on.......Herr Green could have taken his ball away, after all.

I think LRA is currently superior to LRE for a number of reasons; if it wins out in terms of subscriber numbers it will be by dint of relevence and quality of advice - and that would be a plus for our community.

That's the natural order of things....but please lets not knock those who choose to visit the other place, whether or not they post, or those who have tried [successfully] to wrench a precious resource away from the magazine.

Bigfoot deserves some respect, boys.

Neil

"Bigfoot deserves some respect, boys."

I couldn't have said it better myself .......................

So lets give Trevor that respect and carry on with 1 or 2 or how many ever Forums...........

I don't mind saying i've been around since 1999 and i've made a great number of "cyber friends" here............ so i hope it can continue..............

:D

Could someone tell me who Trevor Cuthbert is? Is he just one of us who has stepped in to the fray - or is he associated wih LRE?

I'm happy here by the way.

For donations, how about setting up a paypal account and use their shopping basket code (which I believe has a donations facility) on a page linked to from a sticky thread. That would make it pretty easy to donate and I suspect would raise more long term than sending cheques to Tony (who incidentally gets my vote for Treasurer).

Si

Thanks Tony.

OK, does Bigfoot have some association with LRE?

Who is currently funding the old LRE Fourm?

Has Trev just volenteered to run the thing?

From my point of view, there is not enough info in public to decide who to support / flame.

Si

Interresting to see this

Contact LAND ROVER ADDICT Administrator

at the bottom of all the pages on the old LRE forum. You can click on it to send Trev an email.

Funny cos I thought Geof and Les where the LRA admins but then Trev also holds the landroveraddict.com domain so he can point it where he will LRE, BBC or his new test page.

I'd have felt a lot more comfortable if he'd kept Les and Tony on as mods while he did all this work. But perhaps he knows best and doesn't need to consult the members?

Thanks Tony.

OK, does Bigfoot have some association with LRE?

Who is currently funding the old LRE Fourm?

Has Trev just volenteered to run the thing?

From my point of view, there is not enough info in public to decide who to support / flame.

Si

Then don't flame anyone! :rolleyes:

Just keep on keeping on, all is going well behind the scenes and it will all become clear in the fullness of time. :D

Would I lie to you? ;)