All Forum Members Please Read This.

Les Henson

Interresting to see this
Contact LAND ROVER ADDICT Administrator

at the bottom of all the pages on the old LRE forum. You can click on it to send Trev an email.

Funny cos I thought Geof and Les where the LRA admins but then Trev also holds the landroveraddict.com domain so he can point it where he will LRE, BBC or his new test page.

I'd have felt a lot more comfortable if he'd kept Les and Tony on as mods while he did all this work. But perhaps he knows best and doesn't need to consult the members?

I think this is a bit of unfortunate mischief from someone - it's not significant.

Let's just get on with enjoying the banter and the support that is currently provided whichever Forum we choose to engage with - they're not in competition, after all, and they are both trying hard to fullfil a need.

Time we all focussed on other things.

Neil

HI all,

I'm finally starting to figure out some of what's been happening in the world LRX forums.

I've been going round in circles for a while, as I hadn't looked at the LRE forum for months, until today.

When i did look - it's at the same place, but now is called Land Rover Addict Forum - yet there were lots of posts of people moving away to the LRA forum.

So now there are two forums with the same name.

One has 5 or 6 years worth of old posts, the other runs very quickly.

I don't mind what the URL is, what colour it is, the important thing is to keep it going with as many of the useful people still using it - even Dougal had some helpful input at times!

Let's all be friends?

At some point though it would be nice to hear the full story, complete with secret meetings, double agents, deleted posts, bribery, violence and corruption. Probably best to add a love interest as well to keep the ladies amused.

Iain

Hi everyone!

So - after a lot of this and that and here and there now we have two forums.

Some of you seem to be happy with that, I am not. We hadthe same thing happen

in Germany. First there was one forum, then some people disliked some other people,

a second forum was opend. Now there were two, with 90% of the members active

in both asking the same questions getting the same answers. Just recently the

second forum ran into a polarizing discussion and guess what? Right. Now we have

three of them. The latter two just differing by on hyopho in the name...

Thus - even though I'm aware hatchances might be little - I would like to propose that

maybe Geoff, Les and Trevor go out to have a ber together and in the end we

have one forum, called Land Rover Addict, independant of LRE yet with all the archieves

of the old LRE forum continued with the fresh spirit of the new LRA forum (on ednotion.com).

The three guys (and probably many others) have done really good work after the

closure of the original LRE and now I hope they value the community higher than

the pride of a personal forum and cooperate for the best of all of us.

Just my 2ct worth...

Cheers

Carsten ;-)

PS: I will post this message on both forums to raise the awareness.

LRA: http://www.ednotion.com/landroverforum/

LRE: http://www.lrenthusiastforum.com/ubbthread...hreads.php?Cat=

I like the new freshness. I think this should be considered the upgrade. Like orrp was from EZ-Board to SMF. All the archive remained, but you got all the functionality and freshness of the new board. I think my rear winch post proves that, I found loads of pictures and info on them in the LRE forum, yet I still prefer the newness of here.

Geoff, Les and everyone have done a great job of here. Trev you have done well in a tricky situation on saving an important archive. I appreciate you have had some serious stick off some of your 'friends' and you were only trying to help. It takes a big man to "arse kiss" someone like RG, for the benefit of all of us, especially when you are drawn out as a traitor, when clearly you are not.

Thank you for saving the archives. I do think we should keep everyone in one place, and that should be over here, and we can all relax and have fun, and lock and save LRE as a vital archive.

Cheers folks,

Keef.

My 2p - take Geoff's software and upgrate the old LRE to the uber-LRA, which gives the appearance of the bluey-colour site and retains the archive data from the days of yore. A front-end revamp would remove the traces of the magazine's panopticon but wouldn't put all the useful information in a separate place to all our everyday posts.

I say : continuity over differentiation.

(Plus I quite like the way LRE tells me which threads I haven't read - saves me paying attention :rolleyes: )

But don't I keep reading that the 'green forum' is slowly evolving to a new format, either by an upgrade or change of server?    It is not finished yet, K2.

I don't really care which lives or dies to be honnest, I'll just follow the masses. Its the people more than which forum.

My 2p - take Geoff's software and upgrate the old LRE to the uber-LRA, which gives the appearance of the bluey-colour site and retains the archive data from the days of yore. A front-end revamp would remove the traces of the magazine's panopticon but wouldn't put all the useful information in a separate place to all our everyday posts.

Any up to date forum software will offer pretty much the same features as this one - when we needed to get this site up and running as quickly as possible I had a choice of two that I could install from the point and drool install panel for my web space, and this was the more full featured. The package that Trevor was considering (still is, I think) for the green forum looks to be at least as good as this one.

I feel as if the other forum at the moment is Trev's forum rather than an indipendant forum.

I wil still pop over and lurk every now and then though.

I have met a proportion of the members of this forum and feel like it is a extended family.

I hope administration of this forum will not become too much of a burden for geoff.

Can mods/ admin give us some idea of how they curently bersive this forum going in the near future?