What does it cost to fit an ARB rear locker

SteveG

i'm going to do mine myself, (hopefully with TC help) just change the centre of the diff, drill and tap the casing for airline etc. ARB locker plus bearings aboput £500 Ashcrofts/muddy trout.

The longest job on mine was trying to locate a 1/4n.p.t tap to thread the bulkhead fitting.Like rocking horse poo :huh: .But to build up diff took just over 1 hour altogether

As a service I'll donate the said tap to do the rounds, Cromwell tools sell them if you've got one handy, if not Pm me and I'll post it for a free loan, rear ARB easy to fit two to three hours for two of us, beer included.

Cheers bill

To fit the locker to the diff in a 300tdi axle I bought from Frog and fitted by Frog Island

£100 Labour + axle + locker

From memory I bought both front and rear from them I can't remember if that was each or the pair I think it was each

I then fitted the axle to the car

For anyone doing it themselves - make sure the female threads for the crownwheel bolts are SPOTLESS and free from any traces of oil, and use a really good loctite. You don't want the bolts working loose inside the diff - ask me how I know.......

mmm cost $100 here thats about $35 at the moment

ARB quote A$310 for a Rover diff and A$420 for a sals.

$100 is less than 2 hours labour, or less than 1 hour in some dealerships/garages.

That's bloody cheap, Ali.