Things that make you go OooooooooooooooooH

Righty ho all,

I am in the final process of the mag for the 'HBRO Club' and could do with your help..........

I am trying to get the message over ....................that recovery............. is sometimes dangerous :

Anyone got anybpics of shakles that maybe are a different shapes than they should be,

recovery points that have let go,

or anything recovery wise that you have a pictutre of that makes you go OoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooH :huh:

Please either PM or post with details if you can

ta everso

Nige

Recoveries are potentially dangerous. Winching is potentially dangerous and should be undertaken in a carefully thought out manner with regard to safety. I am personally not a fan of winch challenge type competitions because by their nature they encourage relatively high speed recovery operations. some that I have watched are little more than winch races.

Bill.

Nige, it`ll be interesting to see what info and photo`s surface.

I would be interested in seeing some photo`s of the damage caused by tow balls as I have seen em used far to many times out here in Dubai, and also failed defender lashing points, some people still believe they are proper recovery points.

Nige, have a word with Fridge after he's back from Billing. He did the Shire's article on what can potentially go wrong with recoveries so has quite a few frightening photos. We've also had quite a few problems with people doing silly recoveries...

Erm..........

Not that I have ever been accused of being overly "PC" :lol:

Even I have to say I probably wouldn't / couldn't use those in the club mag :lol:

But, as Ralph says they are seriously horrific injuries from our "Hobby", and it does no harm to reprogram our brains now and again, and remind ourselves of the huge forces and dangers involved.

Nige

Erm..........

Not that I have ever been accused of being overly "PC" :lol:

Even I have to say I probably wouldn't / couldn't use those in the club mag :lol:

But, as Ralph says they are seriously horrific injuries from our "Hobby", and it does no harm to reprogram our brains now and again, and remind ourselves of the huge forces and dangers involved.

Nige

Just print the pictures and take the flak!

You will maybe save someones life with those!

Lara.

Recoveries are potentially dangerous. Winching is potentially dangerous and should be undertaken in a carefully thought out manner with regard to safety. I am personally not a fan of winch challenge type competitions because by their nature they encourage relatively high speed recovery operations. some that I have watched are little more than winch races.

Bill.

Whilst I'm 100% with this on you and for those reason don't do winch events (a small factor may be that I have no winch :rolleyes: ) this post wasn't about the pro/cons of these events but for pics. of damage when things go wrong. One could argue that many other activites/sports can be just as dangerous such as hang gliding, mountaineering, biking etc: and I'm pretty sure there a quite a few people seriously injuried each year falling out of bed in the UK (or any to ther country for that matter) but that doesn't mean we should sleep in beds. ;)

th_Image009.jpg

A recent example of why it is important to fully screw in a shackle pin :o .This landed at the side of my car from over 100ft away on a uphill pull.It caused no more damage than some soiled undies :huh: but could have been nasty

The d link was rated at 6 tons but failed due to the screw pin not being fully wound in during the heat of rushing around at a winch challenge

Paul

May I refer you to this earlier thread? The pictures posted by me are mine and you are welcome to use them if you think they illustrate the point.

Chris

Dear God,

The shackle and pin through the window is one of those "Pictures tells a thousand words", makes you go cold ?

Ta for this, I'll use some definately !

Maybe I should carry a laminated pic and show the ******* muppets who insist their untested junk is "OK" ?

Nige :huh:

Like you Nige, marshaling events has shown me some terrifying things, I do not have pictures of most of them - there is one other picture that I will try to find that makes your blood run cold when you think what could have happened.

You could include a paragraph on general safety for w***ers muppets too - like sitting behind the wheel without your seatbelt and with your child in your lap steering the car is a quick way to remove your child from the gene pool, having unrestrained children in the back of a pick-up while driving so fast that they are being thrown a couple of feet in the air is also going to lead to a Darwin experience etc.

Chris

Maybe I should carry a laminated pic and show the ******* muppets who insist their untested junk is "OK" ?

somethimes pictures are not enough. to demonstrate you should take a sledge hammer, then ask what could happen if a shackles let's go and you happen to be in the way? Ask for a volunteer to put their head on the ground as you take a big swing at hit with the hammer. (you'd want to get them to sign disclaimer to avoid any unpleasant court cases :rolleyes: )

Just watched the lapland trophy dvd.Good example of snatch recovery on there :o .After 3 attempts at a kinetic recovery the whole rear tow point comes adrift on a mitsubishi and goes through the rear door on the shogun that is trying to pull it,takes out the rear door,rear window and o/s/r 1/4 panel!!!

Just watched the lapland trophy dvd.Good example of snatch recovery on there :o .After 3 attempts at a kinetic recovery the whole rear tow point comes adrift on a mitsubishi and goes through the rear door on the shogun that is trying to pull it,takes out the rear door,rear window and o/s/r 1/4 panel!!!

You could include a paragraph on general safety for w***ers muppets too - like sitting behind the wheel without your seatbelt and with your child in your lap steering the car is a quick way to remove your child from the gene pool, having unrestrained children in the back of a pick-up while driving so fast that they are being thrown a couple of feet in the air is also going to lead to a Darwin experience etc.

Ah, that brings back happy memories of my childhood :D

It's a wonder I'm still alive... :huh:

Don't even start me on F Muppets and Darwin candidates.#

Whilst I AND another was doing this to a dead RR with a dislocated rear axle (spring out)

and shall we say there was "A fair amount of forces involved between the 2 winches ( I had torn his winch bumper off, part of a rotten chassis leg etc etc we had to connect my winch to the axle etc as it was coming apart litterally :

AWDC8.jpg

and Kevin the Kn*bhead appears NEXT to the left hand cable for a "Action" shot..

Luckily one of the experienced Marshals helping "Removed" him erm "Bodily" ...(didn't move when screamed at) and he moaned and complained of our "Attitude" towards him.

When we had finished I wandered over to the "Discussion" he was having maoning at one of the officals,

He left shortly afterwards, then knowing he was :

From the shallow end of the gene pool,

His 'right hand hobby' was a proven fact and

That it was lucky he was a retard becuase otherwise I might loose it :angry: with him, and Mr Smack might come visit him if he didn't involve himself quickly in human reproduction techniques and travel

Drivers can be bad, but spectators and cameramen - don't even think they are ok - EVER

Nige