new D90 x Waxoyl Hardwax

martinr

Hello,

I just bought a new D90. It came from the factory with the whole bottom covered with something like the Waxoyl Hardwax. However, it is not Waxoyl Hardwax. It is not brownish, but just dark grey (black). Certified service people say it will disappear till the end of the winter.

I would like to have the bottom covered with Waxoyl Hardwax, but do not know if I can leave the factory treatment in place and go with the Waxoyl over it (this is what I would prefer), or if I have to wash it down first (which I would like to avoid).

Certified service people are giving a pythic answer to my question and say that I can either leave it, or wash it down using high pressure steam/water. But I have some objections against going with a hight pressure steam/water over bottom of the new car.

Will anybody know what the factory uses for the bottom treatment,

and if it is possible to leave it in place and just apply Waxoyl Hardwax over it?

If not, what is the best way do wash down the factory treatment?

Thank you very much

Martin