100 inch defender on disco chassis

sutty_32

Just while I was welding up the front arches on my disco the thought again came into my head of just throwing the body away and doing a 100inch hybrid project (and then promptly watched all of a 4x4 is born :) )

Thing is, I would quite like to keep the 4 door set up, and wondered if anybody has made a 4 door 100 inch, I've only seen 2 door versions. I've seen some piccy's of the original ones land rover did for the swiss and some were 4 door. I was thinking about getting a full 110 body and making the tub really small at the back and perhaps modifying the doors if needed.

Do it! I have thought about it before and would really fancy it.

Thats all I have to say.

Wouldn't you need a disco or 110 as a starting point rather than the 90 pick up :P

this is the ebay one:

clicky clicky

Cheers Grant, could maybe make the back doors a little larger and squeeze some seats in there, looks like a promising start!

I'd thought of this, and I'm thinking the best way would be to shorten a 110 body, including shortening the rear doors down to fit the shorter gap.

Thats what I'm thinking, they manage to fit seats and a decent sized door in a disco, so it must be possible, just need to judge the overhang on the rear too to get a decent boot

The legroom in the back of a 110 is bad enough without losing 10" more!!I have been thinking about a 100 with a standard 90 tub but the seatbox further back and extended doors to get more driver legroom.

Was thinking the 10inches would be lost a bit more in the boot space rather than leg room, but also wondered if this would leave the boot a bit useless

Slight variation on a theme here: LINK. It's a NCF Sahara, made from an old S1 Disco. They are usually two seaters but as they are tailor made they can be pretty much in any format.

The website's here: NCF LINK

Will be interesting to see one in the flesh at Billing as he is having a stand there.

if you could make the rear doors to sit more over the wheel arch and therefore you sit more over the wheel arch, (like a disco) then surely its very doeable ! :) would allow a longer door aswell. like the dunsfold ones i guess....

if you could make the rear doors to sit more over the wheel arch and therefore you sit more over the wheel arch, (like a disco) then surely its very doeable ! :) would allow a longer door aswell. like the dunsfold ones i guess....

does that mean you want me to build another rear body grant?

Slight variation on a theme here: LINK. It's a NCF Sahara, made from an old S1 Disco. They are usually two seaters but as they are tailor made they can be pretty much in any format.

The website's here: NCF LINK

Will be interesting to see one in the flesh at Billing as he is having a stand there.

They look like nice well made bits of kit, I especially like the way the roll cage is built into the rear tub, thinking of doing that on a challenge truck. Would prefer more defender style doors though so I don't have to hope over them to get in :)