Sign in to follow this  
Spongo

P38 water in spare wheel well

Ok an age old problem I am sure but where on earth does the water come from that gathers in the spare wheel well ?

Well after lots of google searches it appeared the tailgate rubber was to blame but on further investigation it was the drain tubes from the sunroof :)

Well after lots of google searches it appeared the tailgate rubber was to blame but on further investigation it was the drain tubes from the sunroof :)

Don't spend time and money: open a plug in the bottom, so the water is drained naturally !

Or just condensation - I had that on my P38 and never found a leak.There was never any trace of water anywhere but the spare wheel well.

My 96 one had water in thye well and like with the freelander I drilled a 4mm hole and painted it them just let gravity deal with it. My 2002 one is fine and doesnt have the issue.

The water in my wheel well was due to the fact that the rear wash tube was missing from behind the CD changer. The bloody idiot before me hadn't done anything about it. Replaced the missing tube and everything is back to normal.

Steve