Disco 3 engine swap?

africanpete

I've also heard its simple enough if you've got the kit to lift the body. Try the disco3 forum. I think Bell Auto Services (BAS) are suppose to be pretty handy with the D3's and might be able to give some advice

yep as allready said deffently a body off job on the D3

take a look over on disco3.co.uk as mentiones there is a thread on the very subject on there , i think the dealers take around 6 hours for a body removal

Thank you, I thought someone was winding me up!

What a carp design, what were LR thinking...

They were thinking,"lets employ designers who have no f---ing idea at all" - esp for anyone who is supposed to service or repair the carp when its in service.Just thinking of EGR valves,EPB's etc. :angry:

They were thinking,"lets employ designers who have no f---ing idea at all" - esp for anyone who is supposed to service or repair the carp when its in service.Just thinking of EGR valves,EPB's etc. :angry:

And then you go to change the glowplugs, six small but delicate snaps as the corrosion between a steel glowplug body and an alloy head overcome the feeble torque required to screw the top off, thus requiring both cylinder heads to come off and have the remains of the plugs milled out by an expert with a fine eye and steady hand, to avoid having to buy half a new engine :rolleyes:

Modern computer modelling might tell engineers a lot about what works in theory, but it tells them eff all about what doesn't work in practice! :rtfm:

Tell me about it..... I cut a hole in the rear floor of a TD5 90 this morning to change the fuel pump which died at 70,000m. I simply dont have time to faf around jacking up the body to get the tank out.(Plus the owner made it quite clear he did not want the labour bill that goes with it)

I farmed out a 110,Transit engined one this morning - 40,000m on the clock,needs a clutch and flywheel.What quality......

Tell me about it..... I cut a hole in the rear floor of a TD5 90 this morning to change the fuel pump which died at 70,000m. I simply dont have time to faf around jacking up the body to get the tank out.(Plus the owner made it quite clear he did not want the labour bill that goes with it)

I farmed out a 110,Transit engined one this morning - 40,000m on the clock,needs a clutch and flywheel.What quality......

Mate of mine did te same to his 90,

And ask any tranny owner of the probs, it'll be h.g nxt