anyone else heard the Latest from Billing?

white90

That was some storm!

I'd had the heads up from Mrs SiWhite in Oxfordshire, who'd reported tropical rain and the streams rising 2+ feet in minutes. I saw the ominous black clouds and managed to drag WillWarne away from the show long enough to grab the Goretex. We were sheltering under a flimsy tent thing but then found a trailer at Brooklyn 4x4 which felt more stable!

Another angle on the Trailfinders 110;

DSC00265.jpg

I wouldn't be desperately happy with the site managers if they've known that the tree was rotten and unsafe. There's grounds for a bit of compo if they did know.....

Did anyone manage to get any good deals? I had tried all Saturday, but to no prevail?

Strange but there didn';t seem to me much around; of the items on my list, the only one I got was a military socket. Even thought I got in for free, I left with the feeling that I won't be going again.

We had a great time, only down side was the trip home and getting caught in long tailbacks as soon as we got onto the M1.

yes, that was fun, the stretch round Luton where there is lane widening even though 3 lanes are still open was at walking pace, then back to normal at the end of the coned off section - for no apparent reason.

I had a fab time - it was nice to see & chat to so many of you - and sell the odd bit!

Where were you? - I couldn't see any stuff marked with an X!! Would liked to have thanked you and offered a melted kit kat for the TREs.

Well one minute it was roasting hot and sunny,

hmmm, you could see black clouds from a distance plus the activitiy of the traders rapidly putting stuff away or covering stuff gave warning to the impending doom; there was about 20 minute warning - I made my way to the LWT owners club and then hung on to the gazebo to stop if flying away :o I looked a the wee trickle of river that had risen by a foot or more!!

Did anyone spot me talking to Diddy Dave in the arena? (lwt club)

Did anyone manage to get any good deals? I had tried all Saturday, but to no prevail?

Si gave us a reasonable discount on some split charging kits.

I bought 5 x +2" braided hose set for a RR for £40 (seem to be a min of £50 - £60 in the mags)

Found a waterproof fag lighter socket for £3 (needed one for years in the trials machines!)

Heavy duty jockey wheel clamp for £5 (well happy).

16 x Ignition lead numbers for £2. (2 sets of 8)

1 x smart com relay for a 12s socket - these things seem to good to be true, one wire instead of 7?

A mate also bought some "poor" grizzelys in 235,85,16 for £45 each - safe, but according to bronco they will never ballance up! - good enough for a motor thats a trailer queen and used for playdays only.

Met plenty of people on here as well. Nice (and in some cases scary :lol: ) to put a face to the name.

Missed the storm, was having a cuppa in the van! watched the chaos from the comfort of my armchair :D

(although I was melting in the Sat AM heat)

Fell well lucky with the camping, on a concrete hardstanding with electric hookup and our own water supply :P

Guest diesel_jim

I got all sorts....

some new KC daylighters from Matt savage

snorkel top from Matt too

bits for my project90-2 build up.... 300Tdi 100a alternator for £30

air filter, lots of bits of air pipe and the rubber soundproof from the rocker cover all for £20

90 side tank guard from gigglepin, nice HD galvanised for £105

pair of brand new 90/110 wingmirrors for £20

one of those comfy "land rover" ex military fold up chairs from Anchor's for £10, and 3 pairs of nice new green socks!

a few other bits, i've forgotten now!

i see there were a few salisbury front axles kits there, about £600 complete with double CV propshaft, radius arms and everything. "when" i build my 130..... i'll be having one of those!

couldn't find any decent front doors for resonable money though.... some series split ones i'm after.

i see there were a few salisbury front axles kits there, about £600 complete with double CV propshaft, radius arms and everything. "when" i build my 130..... i'll be having one of those!

Yeah, I saw 5 front Salisburys, why are these once hard to find items cropping up?

A guy offered a friend up to 10 last month.

Ive been told that although the diff issues are gone, the shafts and cv's are still questionable?

Yeah, I saw 5 front Salisburys, why are these once hard to find items cropping up?

A guy offered a friend up to 10 last month.

Ive been told that although the diff issues are gone, the shafts and cv's are still questionable?

The CVs are plain old AEU 2522s so the shaft and CV issues remain :(

Photos be here:

Web_IMG_0002.jpg

Loading Petal - we had to use a bigger trailer in the end :D

Web_IMG_0012.jpg

We got into site at about 1am, got the call from Rich that he'd blown his cam belt and would get recovered home... that's bad form for Billing, so we turned around and went back to tow him into site (on his trailer that we borrowed :D) got in at 3am -_- next morning Rich was up at 6am going round the autojumble, ended up getting everything he needed bar the broken rocker arms which were bought up by the Shires chief marshal on Sunday morning. Fixed and drove home!

In the photo (L-R) are Jen, Naomi, Dave, Dan (V8bertha) under the bonnet and Rich under the 90... oh and my Rangie :D

Web_IMG_0018.jpg

Here we see Jez, Zuz and Kari enjoying the Great British summertime :lol:

Web_IMG_0019.jpg

Here is the Great British summertime :unsure:

Web_IMG_0022.jpg

Dan (DirtyDiesel) and "Dog" who let me move in temporarily on the Friday 'cos I couldn't be doing with putting a tent up at 3am in the dark.

Web_IMG_0028.jpg

S1 Club - I like the non-shiny one.

Web_IMG_0031.jpg

Got an insulting T-shirt (to Jeep owners anyway) as well as a couple of other bits here, they were still smiling despite their marquee aparrently ending up in a tree.

Web_IMG_0039.jpg

The Autojumble NATO hook sweepstakes were upped as I spotted a new record - used hitches for £75 :blink:

Web_IMG_0045.jpg

The biscuit never stood a chance...

Web_IMG_0052.jpg

Petal parked next to a proper off-roader :ph34r:

Web_IMG_0051.jpg

Trailmasters 110 looking a bit sad.

Web_G12_Gravity.jpg

G12 so massive it distorts space-time and sucks in light waves and small children :o

"Camp stinky" cowering from rain

tentinastorm.jpg

Zuz, me, Al, little Kari (aka Holst), Naomi, Jonny U (frigidfreezer), Dan "I love carbon Fibre" (DirtyDeseasal)

we did a bit of shopping

Picture(29).jpg

and bought Hotel Andorra - crew tent for next year - bargain :)

Picture(26).jpg

Jimmy the ponce, Al and Jon working out if a pole dancing podium could be fitted

The nato hitches where being sodl by a bloke called Graham C holding. if you think the nato hitch is bad... he continues to carry round a mint lwt bonnet priced at £275 but has yet to clean off the £75 price tag he payed for it...

Had a 200 mile round trip with 6 people in my car :blink: .But was worth the trip just for the free t-shirt from Jim a gigglepin4x4,cheers Jim B)

p.s your new winch is fab,Went to show to see the new goodwinch :o How big!!!!

Paul

Still recovering fom the weekend...... :blink:

Good to see so many people, and meet so many of you :)

Very disappointted by the show :( Only a hand full of secondhand parts stalls and only lees than half of the stalls there used to be back in the 90's......... :o

High lights.....?????

X eng's 'Inocent bystander' T shirts....Pure class

QT's new seat, Excellent product, well thought out and well made.....

Trip net, now this was class, Load nets and securing netting with a million uses and and trillion add on's.....Nice guys as well.

A special Thanks to Jules, Vicky and crew for helping save our marque in the 'storm'

And to Chris Aka 'Northen Chris' for doing a mercy beer run :D

Cheers Guys, really good to see you and Thanks for the Help :D

Down sides...........

Not getting home till 1.30am monday morning, Not getting to meet many of the people i wanted to talk to,

The amount of Blatant product copies/Rip offs on display............

And finding out Jez aka: Dollytlw, Is now NOT entering the AFC (Gutted :( )

All in all had a great time though

Might even do Malvern........Just for a laugh of course ;)

Jim :)

Had a good time just glad to get back to work for a rest!!!eerrrrrrrr i mean get back to work and finish a certain persons 2 trucks off for them before his perm falls out!!!!!!!!!

Met up with Jez and the rest of the nutters shame i was,nt stood still long enough for a beer.

Chris

Guest diesel_jim

Hmmm.... i got a fuel tank guard form gigglepin too and no T-shirt.....

I'll get Andy Chaplin to tell me where you live, then you'll have WMD on your hands!!! :D

The term ' can't win' springs to mind :lol:

Paul says he was GIVEN a shirt.................

But all Northeners say that after they nick it.............. :lol::lol:

Shirts are available, call for details.......Oh, and prices :ph34r:

Jim, you should have introduced your self, I'm now wondering which one you are???

Ali, We hoped to be in Aus this year for the XI, but like all great plans it's been put back a year :rolleyes:

But Thank you for the offer, and yes i want to 'Lock horns' with the Aussies VERY badly.......Looks fun B)

Be nice to get my arse kicked in another country :rolleyes:

Adrian, You know i love you, You could've had the shirt of my back if i'd known..... :rolleyes::ph34r:

One man i forgot to Thank in Public, is Stefan (steffuk) Top, top bloke who helped everything run very smoothly....

Cheers Mate :)

Speak soon

Paul says he was GIVEN a shirt.................

But all Northeners say that after they nick it..............

:o:blink::huh::angry:

If i didnt know you better i would take that as a compliment ;)

Just think myself lucky that i left my credit card at home or i would have taken a severe whuppin on the gigglepin stand <_< .What with that sexy winch,float away ground anchor and funky rear radius arms.Think the ground anchor can wait a while,after all it dunt matter if its heavy to me(Daz may dissagree tho!).Thanks again Jim for the t-shirt,i can now wash my midsummer trophy shirt that i have had on for over a year :rolleyes:

Guest diesel_jim
Shirts are available, call for details.......Oh, and prices :ph34r:

Jim, you should have introduced your self, I'm now wondering which one you are???

too many Jims here!! :D I'm Jamie... Andy Chaplins' "WMD" chappie.... i got the tank guard off of you in-between my missus ringing about not being able to shut the back door??? :P