MIB flex kit

Sorry that should Read MIB Flex Kit.

Anyone got any comments on the front mount? The shock will now be outside of the spring which I would expect should give more articulation?

I'll be using terrafirma +2" springs and +5" shocks so would have to go down the LT shock mount route (a la Gwyn Lewis etc) but these look interesting...

The kit looks thought out and well put together.

I know some guys who have installed and run it, with mixed results depending on the truck use. If you just pay and play and binble about then its fine. But one off the guys that i know competes with his truck found the rear shock mounts would bend out from the chassis, so he had to tie them in at the top, and he also found that he was killing the front shocks by bottoming them out.

Now the front shock problems from the look of it was down to his very light springs and the shock being to long.

Just putting shocks in front of the springs will not give you more articulation unless you use shocks of a longer stroke length.

I run my shocks in front of the springs but not for more articulation, but because my bumpstop mount inside the springs. As the shocks are still at the same height and length as if they were located normally in side the springs then the result is no change to the front axle travel.

the setup post-1650-0-60573400-1310730830_thumb.jpg and at full drop post-1650-0-02877000-1310730900_thumb.jpg no amazing articulation but then thats not want i need/want from my truck...

hope this helps

Paul

• 4 years later...