TD5 110 Front Spings

Hi All

I have just put two TD5 rear springs on my 1988 110 CSW.

I happy with the result so want to bring the front springs up to TD5 spec as well.

Now the rear TD5 springs are not handed but the same both sides: RKB101111

What about the front springs on a TD5 110.

Does someone have the part numbers? Are they handed?

These are the part numbers for the older 110's:

NRC8044 and NRC8045 (normal)

NRC9448 and NRC9449 (HD)

Cheers

Sorry Ralph - after TD5 land rover abandoned driver and passenger side springs - mine is yellow/yellow on both sides.

There was no other change though, so fitting handed ones shouldn't affect much at all.

Rather than just fitting 'td5 spec' springs would you not be better off renewing the original springs, like for like, as they will have the correct spring rate.

Having just swapped some very tired springs for the same but new, the difference is night and day!

most of the genuine springs are listed here

Sorry Ralph - after TD5 land rover abandoned driver and passenger side springs - mine is yellow/yellow on both sides.

There was no other change though, so fitting handed ones shouldn't affect much at all.

Rather than just fitting 'td5 spec' springs would you not be better off renewing the original springs, like for like, as they will have the correct spring rate.

Having just swapped some very tired springs for the same but new, the difference is night and day!

I was under the same impression Mark, but Microcat only lists the handed spring pairs for all 110s, even Td5s. For example when searching under your 110's reg it lists white/white for driver's side and yellow/yellow for passenger's side. The standard duty setup, as opposed to the HD setup which is blue/red driver's side and yellow/white passenger's side.

Since the back ones are equal though, I doubt having them equal on the front would make an iota of difference to ride position!

Hi Mark.

So is your TD5 yellow / yellow?

My reason for going to the TD5 rear spring was my self leveler was broken so I had to fit stiffer springs.

I could of gone for the the older hardtop spec spring but liked the idea of the TD5 progressive spring.

doesn't say anything about not being handed in my 2009 microcat, just gives the numbers & colours as on the spring info link.

Hi Mark.

So is your TD5 yellow / yellow?

My reason for going to the TD5 rear spring was my self leveler was broken so I had to fit stiffer springs.

I could of gone for the the older hardtop spec spring but liked the idea of the TD5 progressive spring.

Indeed, my 2001 TD5 110 is yellow/yellow both sides on the front and brown/purple on both sides at the rear, with no self leveller.

Sounds like a good choice of spring for the rear if your leveller is broken or missing though.

I was more questioning the choice of TD5 spec for when the weight of the engine and/or additional bumpers or winches.