Assitance needed

western

Please all I need some help with this, just need to know which wire fits to which terminal [originally & '89 2.5TD now with a 200Tdi.
I should have made a maps of where all the different wires connect to, but I didn't.

Ignition switch connections, diagran looking at the back of the switch, terminals numbered for easy ref only, I know 2 is the main feed from the battery & 1 is not used [ex.2.5TD glowplug/main feed]

ignitionconnections.jpg

many thanks in advance :i-m_so_happy:

Ralph, I've just responded to your other spaghetti query in the Defender forum ;)

Thanks very much, :D I've replied, the picture you added confirms my connections,

You can have a go at this spaghetti puzzle now if you want too :lol:

I've only got the V8 130, TD5 90 CSW & TD4 Freebie here and doubt the looms are the same :(;)

The V8 loom maybe to a certain extent, :unsure: but the ignition wiring would be diffent for a petrol & the others will be way off :rolleyes: , many thanks for helping anyway :D

Edited by western

Ralph i think the answer is in the 200 Tdi retro-fit manual.

Had a look at mine & on your site, it only tells where to connect the new glowplug time relay loom cables to,

To all, Cheers for comments/help, I've got it sorted now & engine starts/runs OK, just the instruments to double check/test, front lights to refit/reconnect & a few other bits to do. :i-m_so_happy:

for info & future reference numbers relate to my drawing above -----

No connection[at terminal 1, nearest steering wheel]

Brown [batt 12v feed to terminal 2 @ 12o'clock position]

White [to terminal 3]

White/Red [to terminal 4]

White/black [to terminal 5]

White/orange [not connected as it becomes live -- for accessory/air conditioning-- when ignition switch to position 2 glowplug/pre spring loaded start section of switch]

Note -- above info only for a ex-2.5TD engined vehicle that's been converted to a 200Tdi engine. But might be useful for 2.5n/a to 200Tdi if you fit the glowplug timer relay & associated wiring.

:i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western

• 3 years later...

I know that this is a rather old thread but I am looking for some help in identifying the terminals on the bottom side of the timer relay. I was not lucky enough to get the harness and relay plug so I will go about making up one myself. The problem I have is that I am unable to identify the pins on the bottom of the relay as they appear to be sealed with silcon and I am unable to see anything under it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know that this is a rather old thread but I am looking for some help in identifying the terminals on the bottom side of the timer relay. I was not lucky enough to get the harness and relay plug so I will go about making up one myself. The problem I have is that I am unable to identify the pins on the bottom of the relay as they appear to be sealed with silcon and I am unable to see anything under it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the attached .pdf file & this photo should help you ident the terminals.

glowplugtimerwiring.jpg

Timer relay connections.pdf