Mondeo electric fan into 300tdi.

Has anyone fitted an electric fan from a Mondeo into a 300tdi.

I thought I had done a great job, cut the Mondeo shroud and placed it into the 300tdi shroud and held it in place with angle brackets. When I went to fit it tonight I found that the fan motor was hitting the spigot from the old fan.

My fan was sitting about 2” from the radiator.

Anyone got any pictures of how they fitted their Mondeo fan.

Regards

Frax ;)

Thanks for that, I did see that when I did a hunt which I wish I had done before I chopped the cowl to fit inside the old cowl.

The 300tdi does not have as much room.

Will go out just now and try to do somthing with it.

Lots of info on here - just wish I had read it before I choped bits off. :(

Well back to it.

Regards Frax ;)

If any one has a wiring diagram for a single twin speed with x eng stat and carling switch that would be really helpfull........

Can someone post up the dimensions of the twin fan Mondeo set up? I have a 109 with an engine conversion and have been looking for a low profile, offset farn set up like this for a while. Length width and depth are most important but location of the two fans relative to the endge woudl be nice too as I'm very limited in space between the water pump pulley and the radiator. I can't put one in front as I have the aircon condensor occupying that space already.

Got it fitted but as you will see space is tight.

Cut two pieces of plate for top and bottom and cut out the diameter of the fan hosing (1mm cutting disks are great) and riveted it to the plastic part of the cowl that was left.

Not my best job and I may change it for a new cowl at some point but still unsure if a new cowl will fit in the space.

Plates fitted = IMAG0096.jpg

Space I had to play with = IMAG0097.jpg

Regards

Frax ;)

Got it fitted but as you will see space is tight.

Cut two pieces of plate for top and bottom and cut out the diameter of the fan hosing (1mm cutting disks are great) and riveted it to the plastic part of the cowl that was left.

Not my best job and I may change it for a new cowl at some point but still unsure if a new cowl will fit in the space.

Plates fitted =

Space I had to play with =

Regards

Frax ;)

Yep, that is alot closer to the engine then my kenlowe fan on my 200tdi!!!!!!

Yeah the Mondeo fan is too big for the 300Tdi. If you put the mondeo shroud directly on the radiator it hits the spigot.

I scrapped the idea after reading others logic between viscous and electric. It read as 'electrics fanscan die but viscous units lock up so will never cook your motor'

Never thought about that, Fitted all the hoses to the radiator yesterday + the top support and I now have about 2" so na that bad but hardly any of the cowl left as you will see.

Fitting a new cowl from a Mondeo would be a no go so will live with it the way it is now.

Regards

Frax ;)