King of the Valleys 2012

najw

The All Wheel Drive Club is pleased to announce the unveiling of a brand new off road event scheduled for the Summer of 2012

KING OF THE VALLEYS 2012

To be staged with the full support of Ultra4Racing – creators of the world famous King of the Hammers – this will be an off road race like no other in the UK.

Utilising the full range of challenging terrain at the 1600 acre Walter’s Arena motorsport complex in South Wales, King of the Valleys will feature in excess of 60 course miles over two race days plus a Friday evening prologue.

Entrants must comply fully with the AWDC Technical Regulations for the event which include full MSA spec roll cage, minimum four point harnesses and MSA spec crash helmets.

Drivers must hold an MSA Non-Race Clubman’s competition license (minimum) or an equivalent license from their national motorsports association. Drivers must be a member of the All Wheel Drive Club or an invited MSA affiliated club.

As you will see from the photos of sections of the actual course competing without a front winch is not recommended.

Entries will be accepted prior to 31st January 2012 with a deposit payment of £100.

In the event that a minimum of 20 entries have not been received by 31st January 2012 the event will be cancelled and all deposits refunded.

If the minimum number of entries is received then the £100 deposit will become non-refundable except as noted below and the balance of the entry fee of £100 will become payable by 1st April 2012.

In the event of cancellation of the event after 1st April 2012, a full refund will be made, less any irrecoverable costs which have already been incurred.

There will be a prize fund comprising vouchers redeemable on sponsors products from designated retailers.

Potential competitors, sponsors and marshals are encouraged to make contact as soon as possible.

LINK

Will there be spectating? :D

This is going to be a BIG event (think Euro-Challenge 2007 but more so) so I'm pretty sure there will be spectating! Plus we will need marshals if you want to help out....

The link shows a lot of rocks, will there be other terrain Neil.

As the link says Bob, it will be a mix of rocks, rivers, loose climbs, gravel forest tracks, woodland trails.... A bit of everything. But as this is being run with the support of Ultra4 Racing we need some rocks in there somewhere!

This is going to be a BIG event (think Euro-Challenge 2007 but more so) so I'm pretty sure there will be spectating! Plus we will need marshals if you want to help out....

Euro-challenge, Live music, beer tent, food wagons, sounds good to me :D

Neil

Very interested in entering this - please put my name in the entry list and let me know when cheque needed

Chris Bowler

I'd get it in as soon as poss Chris, the sooner we have a list going, the sooner we can confirm the event will definitely go ahead.

looking good, but can't find the technical spec for the event, as want to look into it in a bit more detail

many thanks

I'll give Neil a nudge and get him to link in the relevant regs asap.

Sound interesting.

Are the classes going to be the same as ultra4 (stock,modified,unlimited)?

Is it just follow a course or is there going to be some navigation?

are you going to manage queuing at more challenging sections, all ways a problem when your at the back of the pack :)

Is race start order to be decided by the prolog?

I think you only missed it as it wasn't there at first!

Hopefully the Event Overview will answer most questions at this early stage.

I don't envisage a class structure unless demand dictates it, after all KoH itself has no class structure.

• 2 weeks later...

why not?

chris bowler

OK, I retract that previous comment. All I meant was I believe areas of the course will be a step up in difficulty from the XTC, requiring more in the way of winching etc so may be more suited to a challenge motor. No offence to the safari guys!

I agree - the KOV terraim will be HARD, but any car could win it - trialer, comp motor or challenge car - obviously they all will need a winch. I think this will prove to be the return of the XTC idea in a more arduous format that because of the distance involved will really sort out truck reliability, team work and sense of humours!!!

Looking forward to it - not sure if the 107" will!!!

Chris Bowler