King of the Valleys 2012

najw

I agree - the KOV terraim will be HARD, but any car could win it - trialer, comp motor or challenge car - obviously they all will need a winch. I think this will prove to be the return of the XTC idea in a more arduous format that because of the distance involved will really sort out truck reliability, team work and sense of humours!!!

Looking forward to it - not sure if the 107" will!!!

Chris Bowler

Great! We're in agreement. :D

I'd love to see the 107 on 37's with a nice powerful centrewinch.... That'd be cool! :lol:

Nick & I were discussing what would be necessary to make his buggy competitive in an event like this. The main problem is going fast, not because the buggy isn't capable of going fast, but because of the body roll you get cornering with the Fox-Shox.

Before you say it, this isn't a product placement, because the product doesn't exist yet!

The solution is obviously an unlockable anti roll bar. The current one is unsuitable, firstly because you have to get out to lock and unlock and secondly, because Nick runs front & rear inverted A frame, single link suspension.

I did a bit of scribbling - and came up with this:

post-74-0-53398000-1313139744_thumb.jpg

Essentially three disks which are squashed together with a brake caliper operated by a second handbrake lever. This would allow much more dynamic anti roll - and the ability to lock and unlock while the torsion bars are under tension. In nicks case, the idea would be to link the rotation (articulation) of the two A frames via additional prop shafts to this in the middle. The caliper and the middle of the three disks are bolted to the chassis so when the caliper is squeezed, both sides are locked and cannot rotate.

Just a thought!

Si

Neil, I registered an interest for this on the AWDC website, Haven't heard anything back, should i of?

Saw TOR and it mentioned emailing, do i need to do that too?

I don't think Neil has sent anything out through the 'interested parties' emails yet. I don't think you need to email as well, but Neil should be along to confirm if you do.

Only 49 weeks to go :D

You excited much John?!

Don't know why, Me and Walters have not been good together :angry:

2006 scorpion challenge broke rear diff after 1 hour :(

2007 scorpion challenge burst oil cooler pipe on night section field repair only lasted 1 hour sunday :(

2008 howling wolf timing belt snapped at 12.00 :(

2011 XL 2 hours in broke cv, fixed it and another started clicking :(

So hopefully My run of bad lucky at Walters has finished :)

Don't know why, Me and Walters have not been good together :angry:

2006 scorpion challenge broke rear diff after 1 hour :(

2007 scorpion challenge burst oil cooler pipe on night section field repair only lasted 1 hour sunday :(

2008 howling wolf timing belt snapped at 12.00 :(

2011 XL 2 hours in broke cv, fixed it and another started clicking :(

So hopefully My run of bad lucky at Walters has finished :)

Well you know what they say, 5th time lucky!!! :ph34r::D

Neil, I registered an interest for this on the AWDC website, Haven't heard anything back, should i of?

Saw TOR and it mentioned emailing, do i need to do that too?

The first email bulletin has gone out today to those that have pre-registered.

We are also pleased to announce that this event will be the official European Qualifying Round for the Ultra4 King of the Hammers 2013.

For the first time we will also be running a Contingency Program which enables sponsors to reward competitors who achieve placings in the event using their nominated products.

Will you be following the stock/stock-mod/unlimited classes introduced for KOH 2012?

when i asked the same question on page 1 of this thread the answer was :-

I don't envisage a class structure unless demand dictates it, after all KoH itself has no class structure.

Continental entries will be very welcome and, yes, they will need to comply with the Event and Technical Regulations along with everyone else.

As far as Stock and Mod-Stock classes these will have their own race for the first time at KoH 2012, the winners of which will also qualify for the main race. As this will be our first event in this format there is no qualification therefore all are welcome to enter providing they meet the Technical Regulations.

For the first time we will also be running a Contingency Program which enables sponsors to reward competitors who achieve placings in the event using their nominated products.

I have read this three times and are not quite sure what it means.