Superwinch EP9.5

Can anyone help me with getting this working?

I have it wired up as per usual with +12v and ground but there was no remote supplied so need to wire it up to a cheap ebay wireless remote.

I have googled and cant seem to find a wiring diagram with the colours.

The cheap ebay wiring kit has colours that seem to match but on the Superwinch i have two left over.... green and blue.

The motor is getting HOT and the relay/solenoid clicks but no joy.....

It has been abused and I think its possible for it to be seized / full of mud so not sure on my next course of action....

Help!

Mike

If you just pull the motor you can see if your wiring is correct as it will have no load on it and should move. Personally if you suspect the winch could be full of mud etc I'd strip and clean it .... better than trying to force it and maybe breaking something or grinding a load of grit in to it's workings.

Go on, you know you want to strip it and have bits everywhere :)

Forgot to say the EP9.5 has a warning light system on the wander lead. As they are less common than a rocking horse stool I can't remember if it is a two light system or a one. Speak to Dave Potter/Porter, the Tech man at Superwinch in Tavistock. He's a lovely bloke and full of knowledge

The ep9 and the EP9.5 are different animals

Based on the same innovative concept of a brake on the end of the gear box, heavier duty shaft, stronger gear sets etc; the 9.5 was more modern in looks, stronger chassis, bigger motor. There are two distinct variations - one with the EP9 style solenoid box and one with a forward facing solenoid box that reveals most of the delicate wiring.

It's a good winch, rare (I've only worked on a handfull) and now 'out of stock' with seemingly all the retailers. Internals are mostly shared with the EP9 - but not all. It's reliable - as relaible as the EP9 as well as being a tadge quicker than it's little brother. Sales were poor due to the Champion TDS/Goodwinch Goldfish which is stronger, pulls harder and costs a damn sight less.

A decent deal on a S/H EP9.5 is not to be sniffed at

By the way Mike, it will only be the brake if some silly sod has taken it apart and got the shims the wrong way round when reasembled...

The motor takes the same brushes as a 5hp EP motor or a Bowmotor