P38 Alarm - Soon to be wife on a rampage

Gaijin

Hello All,

Its been a while since I've posted but hoping that someone can save me from a lot of pain.

The alarm is going off shortly after my fiancee locks her new 4.6 1998 p38 (27k km).

The calls keep coming to me here at work. I haven't had a chance to actually see what the problem is as I'm stuck here at work. Does any one have any quick ideas/fixes?

She already wants me to take it to the dealer. Not a cheap option here in Switzerland (just moved here from Dubai)

I will search for threads but I can't now.

If it matters, its very important this gets fixed fast. If she starts hating LRs its going to be a lot more difficult to justify my Defender.

Thanks,

jason

Hello All,

Its been a while since I've posted but hoping that someone can save me from a lot of pain.

The alarm is going off shortly after my fiancee locks her new 4.6 1998 p38 (27k km).

I'm assuming a standard alarm system here.

First thing, is she superlocking the car? If so, try just normal locking (perimetric alarm). That will tell you if it's a problem with just the volumetric alarm.