Loom Tape

stuck

Gents,

Any idea of the correct name for the tape used to hold together Land Rover wiring looms?

Don't think loom tape is the correct term as Google brings up non adhesive tape and this stuff is far, far stickier than insulation tape.

Cheers,

Mick.

Loom tape tends to be the cloth stuff used in classic cars on a modern one you need self amalgamating tape originally made by 3M I think others now make it.

Jason.

Self amalgamating tape is great stuff, but I wouldn't us it in this situation, as it is a right pig to remove for modification/fixes.

This looks pretty good, cloth bases, and should resist abrasion well:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110717123104

The other option is a non-adhesive tape, which is stuf with super glue or similar the tail ends:

http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/fr/2754~PVC+harness+tape-details/

I've always used the non adhesive loom tape. Works very well and has some stretch in it so you can bend your completed loom into place.

Start a few inches from the end of the loom and wind towards the end. When you get there come back the other way and carry on down the loom. The double back prevents it unwinding. You could start and stop with adhesive insulating tape.

Steve