The Grave yard

Bos

Hi all,

I have a PSD (Photoshop) File or Jpeg file of the same.

Basically say yellow writing on a white background,

HOW do I change the background from white to transparent ?

I have adobe Photoshop 5.5 and PaintShop Pro 7

Any help would be much appreacited ?

Nige

Basically select the background using the selction tool, and cut it. However your tool (ooh err) can have different settings - and to keep the transparecy you'll need to save the file as a PS, or EPS file ideally. You can GIF it too but I wouldn't reccommend it.

If it's not top secret :unsure: pass the file on to me and I'll see what I can do.

N.

As absolutly no notice was taken off the 2 million signatures on the road pricing petition, don't think they'll take any notice of this one.

True, but this issue doesn't give scope to raise millions of pounds from the motorist, it won't allow the government to snoop on us and it doesn't give the opportunity for IT companies to line the pockets of government officials, or am I being sceptical?

Have I missed something are there such proposals on the cards?????

There are various 'end of life' proposals that keep getting dredged up and thrown back in. I'm not sure if there's a live one at the moment.

The really bad one, should it ever be passed, is the 'safety' legislation which will not allow reuse of parts in other vehicles and will only allow manufacturer certified replacement parts (read 'genuine only' here). In other words new replacement parts only, dealers rubbing their grubby little mits with glee as it was their cronies who proposed this to make oodles of dosh and 'old' vehicles disappearing off the road as genuine spares dry up ... This proposal may be killed under anti-competition law but I wouldn't bet on it.

AndyG

Just looked on the LWD website and although they are using BMW bikes, the support vehicles are Nissan Patrols.

After watching Charlie Bordman and co on the Paris Dakar programme, it looks like they've learnt their lesson and are steering well clear of the Scrapiron supported X5's :ph34r:

(It did make for good telly though as it slowly turned itself in to a pile of broken parts! :D )

Looks like RJN Motorsport got the job of preping the Patrols.

Just a shame that they couldn't have used Landrovers.

I'd love to see a full on Rally/Expedition Spec Disco 3 kicking up the dust while charging through Africa B)

breaker due to body rot

still have MOT till Sept.

FWH but I can't see a locker anywhere but it has a trans gears switch ??? not that I know what that is.

the body is very rusty but mechanically sound and runs sweat.

the engine has 2l-t so I assum it is not the big 4.2lt but it can't mean its a 2lt that wouldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding.

What is it worth on the open market I can't use the axles for now as the ABS will need some attention before I can fit toyotas axles to my Rangy yet.

IIRC if its a uk car it should have e-lockers F & R, however if its an import it should have an LSD in the back

Lewis :)

i'm assuming its a 70 something series if its got he 2 litre, probably a 2.4 unless its really rubbish and i dont think the vx as you know it i.e 80 series was realeased until 1990. would be very very early if its an '89. if its an 80 series engine it will be a 1hz or 1hdt

is it a leafer or coil front, leaf back?

check the track on the axles as well, might be narrower than rover. i think 80 series had wider axles. there was awhite range rover buggy thing on here with 80 axles, owner should be able tot tell you and a yellow IIa with 78 axles, so you should be able to see what it looks like.

post up some piccies, that will solve things.

best way to check value is ebay completed listings. i dont think that type of cruiser commands much money wise, especially if its a rot box. you never know though.

I have not said yes yet.

Looking at it this afternoon I couldn't find a switch but if its a import I don't know and the farmer that owns it knows nothing about it, as far as he is consured its never let him down but its too much to fix the slipping clutch.

How can I tell if its a import :huh:

It has vertualy no crome or any of the other carp stuck to it like the normal imports.

its black short SWB which was once a very nice looking truck

Toyota%20Landcruiser%20VX11_e_7eca274edcbb3d9dbfa94c16aac56699.jpg

89 'F' plate this is the best photo I could find it has the extention spats like this one.

the engin is mint although it has galactic miles what it worth as a 2.5lt turbo

Thanks for the imput guys

I have not said yes yet.

Looking at it this afternoon I couldn't find a switch but if its a import I don't know and the farmer that owns it knows nothing about it, as far as he is consured its never let him down but its too much to fix the slipping clutch.

How can I tell if its a import :huh:

It has vertualy no crome or any of the other carp stuck to it like the normal imports.

its black short SWB which was once a very nice looking truck

Toyota%20Landcruiser%20VX11_e_7eca274edcbb3d9dbfa94c16aac56699.jpg

89 'F' plate this is the best photo I could find it has the extention spats like this one.

the engin is mint although it has galactic miles what it worth as a 2.5lt turbo

Thanks for the imput guys

ahh, that's a 70something series, i think just a 70 series, as said, known more commonly as a prado. noe electric schlockers there, maybe an lsd at the back. it is the lwb of what was mostly konwn in the uk as the landcruiser II, but also confusingly sometimes namer the vx, a name shared with the 80 series cruiser.

if it were an 80, it would be worth more, given the good engine and electric lockers.

the big 4 door pictured above is a 60 series, leafers with 4.0 n/a 6cyl diesels. they have different, bigger diffs to normal toyotas, landcruisers, hiluxes.

if its a 4 door, its an import, i'm almost certain only 2 door models of this sort were sold in the uk (although i stand to be corrected).

just read its a 2 door...not really sure there then. uk spec ones also had square ehadlamps in the 90's, maybe late 80's too.

i dont really think they're worth that much money to be honest, unlike the 80 series :( , if not in good condition, not into the 4 figures. ebay's defos the best place to check on prices though