The Grave yard

Bos

evsthemud.jpg

That what it looks like exeactly the same but F reg and black

its is a similar condition to this even down the the arches half missing even got the same wheels.

I'm still confused is this a import or a uk one..

If its worthless I will let it go to a mates son thats doing Plymoth to Dakar

Jules,

If it's got round headlights like the white one pictured, and is a 1989 registration, it is very unlikely to be an import. It is a 70 Series Land Cruiser and Toyota face-lifted the 70 Series in 1990 to the later version with more sculpted wings and headlights as in your first picture in this post.

The 2.4 engine is an absolute dog and not worth anything. Unfortunately, nor is the rest of the car if it has terminal rust, however the axles could be stuck under a 90 but don't forget the rear brakes are plain jane drums.

Lastly, not all UK spec cars had diff locks as standard - and, AFAIK the electric lockers came on later models. Mine was a 1991 80 Series which had factory e-lockers.

If it's dirt cheap (like £200 or less) it may be worth buying and just thrashing the cobblers off it at Slindon!

Jules,

If it's got round headlights like the white one pictured, and is a 1989 registration, it is very unlikely to be an import. It is a 70 Series Land Cruiser and Toyota face-lifted the 70 Series in 1990 to the later version with more sculpted wings and headlights as in your first picture in this post.

The 2.4 engine is an absolute dog and not worth anything. Unfortunately, nor is the rest of the car if it has terminal rust, however the axles could be stuck under a 90 but don't forget the rear brakes are plain jane drums.

Lastly, not all UK spec cars had diff locks as standard - and, AFAIK the electric lockers came on later models. Mine was a 1991 80 Series which had factory e-lockers.

If it's dirt cheap (like £200 or less) it may be worth buying and just thrashing the cobblers off it at Slindon!

I offered £300 and was due to collect it at the weekend but I think I will bother..

If anyone wants it let me know..

I offered £300 and was due to collect it at the weekend but I think I will bother..

If anyone wants it let me know..

presumably you can tell if it's an important if it hasn't got a rear fog light fitted (ie not a cheap square jobbie hanging below the bumper!)??? :ph34r:

presumably you can tell if it's an important if it hasn't got a rear fog light fitted (ie not a cheap square jobbie hanging below the bumper!)??? :ph34r:

:lol:

the rear lights and rear bumper have seen a lot of work I looked more at the damaged back light and forgot all about wether it had one or not.

but very good point as thats the quick way of spotting a import

Hi all.

Well. I've gone and booked a driving test, and planned to take it in my landie, but my landie keeps clicking and won't start first time!

Is there anyone out there that would come to mine, and sort this out today or tomorrow? I've spoken to one mechanic who is fully booked up, and it could be a solenoid issue, or it could be bad grounding. Either way, I have no idea how to sort it.

Of course, I am looking to pay for the 'service'.

Thanks in advance!

Frank.

07805 719274

I'll bet it just that your battery is knackered! I'd pop down to Halfords who can drop-test the old one (even outside the vehicle) any buy a new one if needbe.

If it's not the battery it's likely to be the connection between the - terminal on the battery and the chassis. I would add another lead (half a jump lead would do as a temporary fix) between the battery negative and the engine block (somewhere near the starter motor). Longer term run a heavy (25 sq mm or above) lead between one of the starter motor mounting bolts and the battery negative.

If you still cannot make it go, give me a ring on 01403 210 124. I'm not a mechanic - but I'd be happy to help out if I can as I'm only a few miles away.

Si

surely that's not true.

is it realistic that porsche isn't going to tell one of it's managers the gross margin on each car? or is this guy the thickest bloke in the world, in which case you have to ask why they employed him?

Ok. thanks for the reply. After much jiggling of wires, I found where the positive wire runs to the engine, and pushed on it. It mut have gotten loose, because now it starts first time every time.

Very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, time to take a driving test, and then continue the respray (she's going to be black and chrome).

Ok. thanks for the reply. After much jiggling of wires, I found where the positive wire runs to the engine, and pushed on it. It mut have gotten loose, because now it starts first time every time.

Very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, time to take a driving test, and then continue the respray (she's going to be black and chrome).

good luck with the test, if you get stuck in the future I'm pretty close by too (horley).

Thanks

Ruu