An interesting take on the quick landy idea

FridgeFreezer

Whilst wandering past the 1000 e-types and occasional ferrari etc. at the Silverstone Classic, I spotted a Defender and wandered over for a closer look... kinda wish I hadn't :ph34r:

web_IMG_5433.JPG

A lot of wheel spacer:

web_IMG_5434.JPG

Interior is done in black & ORAAAANGE flock/felt:

web_IMG_5435.JPG

As is the rear X-member - no, really:

web_IMG_5436.JPG

I asked the chappy from Nene what in the name of all that's holy they were doing to the poor thing, apparently it's going to have 700hp and go quick and stuff:

web_IMG_5438.JPG

I'm sure it'll do a million miles an hour and be safe as houses. Unfortunately I'm also sure the LR mags will fawn over it like the easily led simpletons they are.

In case anyone's feeling traumatised, have a couple of pictures to make you feel better:

web_IMG_5531.JPG

web_IMG_5462.JPG

web_IMG_5476.JPG

(More here)

Hmmm, saw that abortion at Billing. It may be to someones's taste, but not anyone I know of.

All that fabric interior made me think of a snooker table, albeit in the wrong colour. Wonder how well it would stand up to a jet washer :lol:

Thanks for the other pictures, I feel less sick now

Utter rubbish.

They keep putting these things in in the L/R comics, they even have track days for them.

If you took a classic sports car, threw in an old diesel, raised the suspension and put mud tyres on it, people would think you're a love trumpet fondler, why think this is any different?

I think there's a whole Chav mentality entering the L/R world, just look at all the "bling" available and the "cheque book challenge" trucks that never see mud. God help us all!

I saw that heap of splendid at billing... not sure why anyone would want to do that to one.

Looking closer, are the insides of the wheels done in the orange too?

Have some Jaguar to make it all better:web_IMG_5550.JPGThere can be no other word than "splendid" for this.

I think Spiffing is an equally apt word ;).

That quattro is also lovely :D

I may be going slightly do-lally (been sniffing the EP90 again), but I wouldn’t mind that cloth…on a pool table in my ‘games room’ – trouble is games room = garage which is full of Landie bits…

But yes thanks for the pics. Not sure I’m a fan of the Audi’s ‘skirt’ either…