Honourable breakers?

ajh

I am in Canada and want to import a container of Defender parts, doors, body panels, etc. My main problem is finding someone I can trust to supply parts and package them to avoid getting everything mangled during shipping.

I would be willing to come over and do the dismantling and packing of the container if someone has facilities etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi

I can recommend skan 4x4 :) I know they ship a fair bit of stuff abroad , ask for Warwick when you ring .

I have bought a few items off them and they are always as described , all bolts etc are undone as apposed to cut out with burning gear :ph34r: and Warwick is a gentleman.

Cheers

Gary

If you are prepared to do your own dismantling and packing, you just need a shorterm yard for a container and no real need to pay dealer premiums.

Depending on what part of the country you wish to base your operations I could point you in the right direction

Longlandy, yes I can do my own dismantling/packing but am limited by my tools being for the most part in Canada. :)

My ideal situation is to come over for a week or so every 6 months and put together a shipment. To make this viable from what I understand I'd need:

1. A bonded warehouse (or similar) to have all the parts shipped to in advance.

2. Somewhere at the warehouse to work/load the container.

3. Some local help to source the correct heat-treated wood/crate materials, rent tools, etc.

I'm generally flexible but I really need to get the cost of parts down if this is going to be viable and that means doing more myself.

I have had a few purchases for me and on behalf of friends since 1994 from http://www.equicar.co.uk/

They are good, friendly and they sent me all parts to Greece with no damages, so I can safely say the have good packing. I even received a full defender windscreen with glass once and it was intact. I believe the pricing is a little on the higher side, but at least you get what you pay for...sometimes cheap is more expensive...