Land Rover Wave

rovernut

I am interested to know how many of you do the Landy wave. Do only Series and Defender owners recognise each other ?

I live in snotty yachty country where most 4x4's only venture off tarmac onto a slipway so I don,t even get a response from other Defenders. I have always aknowledged fellow owners but get very little back these days.

I will always aknowledge Disco's and Rangies if they are sporting off road gear because at least I know they are not just Tesco car park off roaders.

How is it in your neck of the woods?

Series Drivers always wave, and Defender drivers used to wave at me in my Series III. Since getting my 110, don't get much from anyone except Series, and the odd RRC. But then again, most of the defenders in my neck of the woods have them because of the need to,as live on farms etc, not because of the love, like some of us!

I would like to apologise to anyone that has waved at me in my green ragtop 90 on the A3 recently, I have missed a couple of waves (you know just when you catch the LR shape coming the other way at the last second, just that bit too late) and it always makes me feel bad :(

In Lancashire I've learnt to not bother waving at anything with an Ifor Williams top (farmer), Puma with a bling front grill (to$$er :ph34r: ) or anything without dents, snorkel, winch etc unless it's a 90, 110 or series.

Seems to work around here but no offence meant :P

Edit: if I'm any where near Rippon or Harrogate I don't wave at anything because they look at the 110 like it's just cr@pped on the carpet :angry:

Stuck I live near harrogate and i would wave at any 110 or 90 as long as its not brand new. Having said that any older landrover would probably get a wave especially any with modifications.

I guess anybody answering this post on this (or any other LR forum) is going to react in a similar manner if waved at, after all we are all certifiable ;)

actually i lied! :unsure: there are a couple i wave to, 90 v8 because I WANT IT!! :ph34r: and a 130HC because he waves to me, 'weirdos' :rolleyes: the awesome thing is, i dont drive a LR, i ride bike i reckon there psycho powers no i own i 2a wrapped in a poly tunnel! :ph34r::hysterical:

Edited by landy-novice

Landy wave is good round here... Always get a wave from Series owners, a good proportion of Defenders wave back, but not the really shiney ones. RRC and Disco I don't wave at unless they are obviously offroaders or they wave first. Same goes for the later vehicles.

I also get a friendly wave from an offroad prepared Jeep XJ near work :).

Another one I often flash and wave at is VW Type 2s :D. Always get a wave back :D.

I'll always wave to other defender and series owners as long as they're not farmers from my local area rolleyes.gif -however if I see a Disco with off road orientated stuff on it I'll wave to them too

I wave at Defenders each time I see them. More often than not I get a wave back.

Sometimes when I don't get a wave back I realise I am not in the Landrover! Make sense!

There used to be something similar with the scooby, but that has now stopped. Sign of the times.....

I wave at Series & Defenders & anything that looks like it's used, usually get a wave back especially from Series drivers. Don't wave when I'm in the freebie as I doubt anyone would notice or wave back.

BT vans usually wave at each other, I used to forget and wave at Landies from my BT van and wave at BT vans from my landy... doesn't work.

I wave at anything with a LR Badge plus anything unusual or kitted-up. On the way to work, I used to pass an Electricity Board Cherry picker (Not Ben B) and wave at him. It took a couple of years - but eventually he waved back! He found me in a car park one day and said that originally he had no idea why this strange bloke was waving at him - but thanks to the internet - cottoned on. Now he waves at everyone in a Land Rover!

I think it's one of the best and most important things about owning a LR. Those who don't understand yet need more waving at and soon they'll get the idea!

Si