xtended front radius arms

il-bob

As title, has anyone modified his fornt radius arms or are there any available on the market?

Reason for this is that I want to improve front articulation but not too fond on 1, 3 or 4 link setups.

Extended radius arms might improve front articulatiopn without major risks on road.

bob

I really don't think adding length to the radius arms is going to gain you anything significant and it's going to lose you a sh*tload of strength. I don't like the look of that picture you posted, there's a lot of good reasons Rover went to the trouble of casting them out of a big lump of steel.

I really don't think adding length to the radius arms is going to gain you anything significant and it's going to lose you a sh*tload of strength. I don't like the look of that picture you posted, there's a lot of good reasons Rover went to the trouble of casting them out of a big lump of steel.

Thats why I keep the standard arms and just joint the ends to get rid of the restrictive bush, I find those qt things worrying bits of junk

I read on another forum that with the extended radius arms, the guy who has them got better steering lock. Could that be true?

I imagine u get better articulation because with the same angle before the bush binds, vertical movement of axle is increased because it is fuerther away then before. And might also get the most out of slotted bushes

There are indeed many downsides to the link system on the front of a coiler, the only way to really get around it is to make something completely new I'm afraid. And lets face it, lengthening the arms and moving mounts is just as bad as making a completely new system, MOT wise. So what about a single link, utilizing the existing panhard for control? The Norwegians has done it for years with no mention able problems. It leaves more room than 3-4 link setups. Or just fit leafs, lighter and with loads more travel potential :P