Engine surging at idle

soutie

have a 110 with a 200tdi retro fitted by the stealers that has about 150,000 miles on it.

Recently went up to Billing and the engine was pulling fine. I need to fill up about 20 miles from the Billing.

On leaving on Sunday the engine was down on power. I pulled into the services and the engine was surging when idling. I have drained the fuel filter thinking there was water in it, but this has not resolved the problem. The diesel that came out was very clear and did not have the characteristic reek of diesel.

Does anybody know where to start looking to resolve the problem

have a 110 with a 200tdi retro fitted by the stealers that has about 150,000 miles on it.

Recently went up to Billing and the engine was pulling fine. I need to fill up about 20 miles from the Billing.

On leaving on Sunday the engine was down on power. I pulled into the services and the engine was surging when idling. I have drained the fuel filter thinking there was water in it, but this has not resolved the problem. The diesel that came out was very clear and did not have the characteristic reek of diesel.

Does anybody know where to start looking to resolve the problem

Sounds like an air leak to me, check all hoses unions etc, or get a can of easy start and spray along lines unions if engine revs increase theres your leak.

Regards Keith

Sounds like an air leak to me, check all hoses unions etc, or get a can of easy start and spray along lines unions if engine revs increase theres your leak.

Regards Keith

Ahh easy start i remeber that stuff. They call that

'Start Yah person I'm not that keen on' Here in Aus Honest that is the name on the can

syb350.jpg

I went down to the fuel station today. 15 litres of non BP diesel and some Redex and the surging has gone.

I can only put it down to a dodgy fuel.

What is the difference between the BP stuff and the other's?

I went down to the fuel station today. 15 litres of non BP diesel and some Redex and the surging has gone.

I can only put it down to a dodgy fuel.

What is the difference between the BP stuff and the other's?

Slightly off topic, but I went to a track evening at brands Hatch a few years ago on the VFR (it's a motorbike) and filled up on the top road garage about a couple miles from Brands. The garage had just been refurbished, new pumps and tanks, shiney new shop...........................

Got 100 yds down the road and the VFR stopped, if you know your Honda's this does NOT happen. Anyway an hour and half later and fuel drained out on a very friendly locals front drive, well more water than fuel, I set-off to Brands via the garage. Guy behind the desk was from somewhere foreign and was completely incomprehensible and he was bigger than me, person I'm not that keen on!

Got to Brands just in time to see my slot going round the track so I lost me £140 as well! Double person I'm not that keen on!