fitting 35 inch tires to a 110 tdi defender

hi, who has done this before, and what do i have to change?

i was thinking of fitting halfshafts and cv joints from kam, and changing the diff to 4.11 with the standard defender transferbox,or using the 4,7 diff ratio with 1,2 or 1,0 transferbox. what would work better?

what about the ratio difference of 4,75 on the front diff and 4,70 on the rear diff? how would that afect road driving?

earl

Don't go mixing ratios across the axles. Even this small amount will cause transmission wind up on the road.

Also bear in mind that whatever ratio transfer box you use, the low range gears will all be the same. It's only the high range gears that change.

i will be doing offroad driving .

kam diffs have a 4.7 rear for salisbury but a 4.75 for the front,and they say its ok,but i would not be happy with that setup.

i think it will be down to 4.11s with the standard defender transfer box.

i know that the low range is all the same by the lt230 transferbox.

where else could a person look for diferent diff ratios?

earl

As Mickey says, mixing ratios not sensible for anything high speed, well i can't think of any time it would be :blink: . Also 4.7 ratio seems overkill unless you are doing rock crawling or snail racing. As Mickey mentioned low range gearing will be the same in all T-Box's so in low range you're relying on diff ratio and while using high range... not sure why it would be used unless comp safari or the such like, or on road. I've left my crown and pinion as 3.54 with 35's, mainly for repair or replacement purposes as i'm a tight arse, but HD 4.11 would be the way I will go if that £5 note I planted in the garden germinates, but that is at the bottom of my upgrade wish list tbh. The best option in my opinion, if you really think changing is necessary, would be 4.11 crown and pinion front + rear with a 1.2 Tbox to bring your high range gearing back up to ~standard.