temperature gauge

Hello again All

I have another question maybe someone can help me with. Since I've put the 300tdi engine in my csw (there was a 2.5 petrol in there before) the temperature gugae has been giving a reading that the engine is boiling. But it isn't At the start it was scaring me and then I got used to it. Thought i should put it right so i got a new sensor that goes in the engine thinking this would solve the problem, but it stayed the same. Will putting a new temp guage in make any difference or is there some other way to sort it?

Any info on this would be gratly appreciated again gauys.

Thanks again

Connor

I'm pretty sure that the sender and gauge is paired for the engine type, therefore you'll need to either adapt your old petrol sender to fit the 300 engine or get a paired sender and gauge for the 300.

This is a common problem when doing the 200tdi conversion from the old TD etc

HTH

you need a AMR2631 temp gauge like this one. yours is probably PRC3105 or PRC7311

OR swap your 2.5 petrol temp sender in to the 300tdi engine, then it will work with your existing temp gauge just as it did when the petrol engine was fitted.

£151???? Is that forreal?? Am I back living in Norway again? Maybe i didnt read it right......

Yes i did. Is there somewhere to buy one at a sensible price?

I'd be lookin a set of tyres threw in for that money :(

Thanks Western for the advice again though

I've got a matched gauge and sender which originally came off my 2.5TD and which worked on my 300TDi until I changed the instrument pack for a TD5 set. Make me an offer (but you will have to wait until I am back in the UK in early September before I can ship it to you).

Nick.

I've got a matched gauge and sender which originally came off my 2.5TD and which worked on my 300TDi until I changed the instrument pack for a TD5 set. Make me an offer (but you will have to wait until I am back in the UK in early September before I can ship it to you).

Nick.

sounds good nick

if i dont get one on ebay can i get back to you? theres a couple on there that i've put bids on at the minute.

Thanks

Connor

£151???? Is that forreal?? Am I back living in Norway again? Maybe i didnt read it right......

Yes i did. Is there somewhere to buy one at a sensible price?

I'd be lookin a set of tyres threw in for that money :(

Thanks Western for the advice again though

didn't mean you have to buy from that website, just to show you the gauge face to look out for.