Oz tent vs 'new' Jet tent

So, I've had an Oz Tent for a year or so, used lots and I love it. Just spent 2 weeks and 2000 miles driving across France with the 90 and took the Oz Tent.

The only problem with them is the length of them packed, I've got a 90 with an external cage so I can either use my ARB roof rack (slightly modified) or a proper Rhino Rack basket to carry it in, but which ever one I use I still have to get the tent from the ground up onto the roof.

90 is on big-ish tyres, has a 2'' lift etc, so when the tent's soaked through and the bags covered in mud lifting it above my head and climbing up there to strap it down is a pain. Also too heavy for my girlfriend to do.

Oz tent now produce the Jet tent- not as easy to erect (not advertised as a 30 sec tent) and more convientional poles etc. But the small one does pack up to 1.1m length- which would fit into the back of my 90. Any one used one/seen one being used and could comment?

• 2 weeks later...