Diff plug removal tool

Can someone please tell me if I have been dreaming or not? not in general just around this question!!

Does someone make a small adaptor to allow you to undo the 1/2 inch diff plug with a spanner? I have a slider plate/protector on my rear diff and it's a PITA to get any type of 1/2 inch ratchet into the bottom plug, after struggling again I am sure that someone had invented a tool/adaptor for this purpose when things were a little tight or am I just dreaming? I seem to remember it was a 1/2 inch bit then a disk/washer and then a bit of metal the other side you could put a ring spanner on.

Jason.

Just jb-weld in an inch of 1/2" keys stock then any 1/2" wrench would be fine.

I will make something jut thought there was one on the market that I could buy for less cost/effort.

Jason,

If it's the drain plug, wouldn't an 1/2" extension bar do the trick?

HTH

Yes its the drain plug but 1/2 inch bar will fit in but the diff guard gets in the way the only tool I can get in is the 1/2" U/J but have to loosen the diff guard first which is not easy!!!

With mine I have Qt guards, so I just use a short 1/2" drive extension to get the ratchet to clear the guard :)

I am not sure what my back guard is Its a slider plate fitted to the diff housing by the 3 bottom diff bolts there is some room to get in just not loads.

Anyway guys thanks for the reply I must of dreamt the tool although looking around I think I will just fit an X-Plug which has a male fitting rather than the current female plug, guess I will be shopping at Peterborough if Simon is there.

Jason.