Lightweight vent panel

dirkthe1

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding S111 Vent panels. After a bit of poking, mine is most definately swiss cheese. I know ashtree do them for 300ish, but as Im not worried about originality, etc, I'm open to suggestions.

The other idea is does anyone have the drawings for the part/ or has knocked one up themselves? I'm happy to lose the vents anyway.

Cheers

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

You could try Drop Zone in Pulborough Sussex, lots of spares for Lightweights.

I got one from there that did not have vent panels fitted or vent panel holes so it was quite easy to sort out and refurb to and fit. It was not double skin either so options for rust to hide are very few!

Bit of a one off though and I was lucky as not bothered about having the vents, rarely put the canvas on anyway..

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding S111 Vent panels. After a bit of poking, mine is most definately swiss cheese. I know ashtree do them for 300ish, but as Im not worried about originality, etc, I'm open to suggestions.

The other idea is does anyone have the drawings for the part/ or has knocked one up themselves? I'm happy to lose the vents anyway.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I've not made one from scratch but I've made substantial repairs on one and it looks as good as new now, they are a lot simpler (IMHO) than civvie bulkheads and dont trap as much water, and there arn't that many bits to them. I found that I could cut out sections even around the pressed vent part and weld in new bits. Post a picture so we can see how badly it's gone. They are expensive to get hold of new and becoming rare second hand so don't write it off too soon.

Cheers.

Lee