Forum greenlane trip?

GBMUD

That rather depends on the driver and vehicle in question. Any Landrover product should be OK but Freelanders/Evoques will likely struggle with ground clearance on rocky lanes. There will likely be some foliage so expect a little light scratching - I can think of one lane in particular that will cause extensive scratching. I plan to take my mostly standard Ninety on road biased ATs.

Chris

Chris,

Sam reminded me of the lane where you were advising us to keep left to avoid slipping into the gully on the right..... Just as your truck dropped to the right.... One of the light hearted comedy moments...

I think it was the same trip I slipped down a slate slab into a river bed on my tow bar... Nice noise it was too...

All fun regardless.. Looking forward to the weekend already !

Neil

I think it was the same trip I slipped down a slate slab into a river bed on my tow bar as the 110 tried to return to it's natural habitat... Nice noise it was too...

All fun regardless.. Looking forward to the weekend already !

Neil

I was up in this area a few weeks ago and we had no problems with some standard vehicles, mainly a Disco on 205s and a Freelander. We used waffles on the rock steps on Sarn Helen (though this is a fair way away from where you guys are headed) but other than that had no issues. As Chris said, watch the ground clearances on the Freelanders/smaller tyres vehicles and the rest is simple enough :)

Some of the fords can be quite deep, but that's a case of checking beforehand!

I am assuming that laneing will be Saturday and Sunday but it is your trip, you make the agenda. I might take in a lane on the trip up on Friday.

I, and I think most others, are booked for the Friday and Saturday nights at the hotel, the landlady/manageress Wendy knows this. I assume that groups of ~4 will form in the bar Friday night if they are not in a group before. Why not start a new thread, 'Who wants to be in my group?'? I am sure that Paul Humphreys will advise on current GLASS/CRAG reccomendations, but groups larger than 5 need to split up really. Paul knows his way around very well and there is no shortage of lanes so no need to go in large groups.

Chris