Drop Arm Ball Joints

ajh

Not personal experience of drop arm ball joints, just general experience of pattern parts. In particular steering ball-joints, one pattern part I had lasted six months. Put a genuine one on and nearly three years later it's still fine...

If you can get an OEM (Lemforder/Delphi etc.) ball joint for £7 then go for it, however if not then I would imagine it's cheaper for a reason...

It's worth getting one with a grease nipple on as well if you can.

Have used the Lemforder one before - once - which is pretty good as it is still on after 3 years.

Ahh now I didnt know anyone made em like that because I was looking to drill/tap and put one in the next time mine needs replacing.

Mind you the stupid stupid rubber gaitor will probably come off long before the joint actually wears out anyway. :angry:

If you put a nipple in the bottom in the base plate then the first decent day offroad the nipple gets wiped out unless you are wearing protection!

Rarther change the drop arm and drag link for a later disco item std ball joints bith ends does mean you need to get the damper sorted but there are kits available. Personally I have fitted a britpart (ow that swearword) and its lasted about 2 years and no signs of wear yet dispite being hammered quite a bit offroad and turning larger tyres.

Jai