London 2 Brighton Land rover Run

crclifford

Following on from the various LEZ threads and my query about the L2B.

I was wondering who else is thinking/planning on going?

Never done it before and am thinking that with this being 'probably' the last one from Crystal Palace that SWMBO and I should partake.

We went in 2006 as a bit of a shakedown trip after our old 90 had been off the road for 2 years.

I didn't know quite what to expect and went with a open mind.

The campsite is very basic, but its only 1 night so not too bad. In the morning you take your tickets and exhange them for your t shirts and plaque, then queue ready to be released on the run. Its not a massive convoy as I thought, just a steady stream of Land Rovers released at 30sec intervals.

When you arrive at Maderia drive you are parked up along the front, 3 or 4 deep so don't expect to leave early! There are a few stands from trade and clubs but really is an oppertunity to catch up with friends, have a brew or an ice cream and generally enjoy the moment.

I would say its more of a right of passage. Everybody, no matter what marque or model they hail to, should do at least 1 L2B

Personally, I am going this year with my local club, staying overnight then heading along following them. As its possibily the last one from Crystal Palace i felt I should take the 110. Besides, I just broke the 2006 plaque!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I have just spoken to a very nice lady about my entry form, she has told me that numbers are actually down this year although our number is up in the 300's as some people think it is not going ahead this year due to the LEZ!! And some people think that it will not be happening again, whilst it is true that they will not be going from Crystal Palace, they have already planned where they can start from next year outside the LEZ the other good news is that next year it will not clash with the Newbury sortout!!! ^_^

Guys I have just spoken to a very nice lady about my entry form, she has told me that numbers are actually down this year although our number is up in the 300's as some people think it is not going ahead this year due to the LEZ!! And some people think that it will not be happening again, whilst it is true that they will not be going from Crystal Palace, they have already planned where they can start from next year outside the LEZ the other good news is that next year it will not clash with the Newbury sortout!!! ^_^

Sounds great...just waiting on my pack to arrive.

As stated in the other thread..

Hopefully see you guys there.

I'll be int eh black 90 with the LR4x4 Sticker in the front window

Well just received my entry for the L2B where it states NO TRAILERS OR CARAVANS !!! Despite no mention on the web site or booking form!!! However a phone call to Sophie confirmed that I can take the trailer if I can reverse it and it is not a massive caravan!! otherwise camping would have been interesting!! however I suppose we could have left the kids at home!!

Jason.

Lots of events on that weekend, and I'll be missing them all due to doing other family stuff.

I've not been for a good few years, but do recall damp, misty mornings at CP park :) followed by a leisurely drive to Brighton. A great opportunity to see a wide variety of Landys.

Sad to hear it'll be the last run of that route, but that's the government c0c*ing everything up for us all. Here's to a new route for next year, and I'll try and keep the date free.

I will be there in my tatty old 110, got to find Sophie though as they didn't send my pack as they don't trust first class post to arrive in less than 4 days... At least I WILL get my envelope with the unused first class large stamp on it back.

See you all there Saturday.

We will be heading down the M4 on Saturday lunch time meeting some people at Heston Services between 12:45 - 13:15 and then heading down to CP via Fulham if anyone wants to tag along you are more than welcome.

Jason.