It was for sale on ebay, so thieving scum is thieving scum but he was planning to get rid of it. Surely now the insurance will pay out ? Be interesting to see the wording of the theft law but doesn't sound like a great defense. Don't see any of the looters getting off with a defense of I thought this was my plasma TV that went missing last month.....

I use the same pedal lock as you Steve and it has already saved my Defender once, stowage is a pain but it will still be used until Si starts selling his 'Defender defender'.

I use one as well. I store it on the floor behind the front seats usually (under the kid's feet) but someone said they strap it under the second row seat so I may try that.

• 3 months later...

This is it - available in brown or white card, single or double wall or with a curry-proof Gaffer-tape scrub clean coating.

post-74-0-62319800-1320154439_thumb.jpg

'Stowed':

post-74-0-73796400-1320154448_thumb.jpg

Ultra-secure virtual lock

post-74-0-95257500-1320154456_thumb.jpg

Si

I's been a while - my favorite Laser Cutter has been on strike so after waiting a couple of months, I got someone else to do it.

post-74-0-14190300-1330426347_thumb.jpg

The cut & folded parts have just arrived - and look promising! Hopefully I'll be able to glue them together over the next week or so and I'll be able to see whether it flies!

Si

It's very good. Devils advocate question: Is the racket pawl protected/protectable from a pry bar punching it out of engagement with the lock or slide hammer pulling it out?

Both good questions. The claw/ratchet/pawl are enclosed under a cover. It is of course possible - perhaps with a long specially shaped bit of wire but I think you would need an endoscope to guide it. However the spring behind the pawl is fairly strong - too strong for the gauge of wire you could feed around the mechanism hopefully.

It uses a radial pin lock which is fairly proof against slide hammers, drilling and bumping. It is certainly not indestructable - but with any of these things all it's doing is buying you time. Hopefully enough time that they will decide to steal a different one!

Si

• 5 months later...

Good News!

This week the first batch of the Pedal Locks came back from the Hinge Formers. Today I fitted one to my 110 - and it works really well and looks good too!

I'll post some piccies on Monday as the lead for my camera is at work.

I'm really pleased with the end result. Its been a long journey from the Cardboard version earlier in this thread but it's been worth all the development & prototypes. Today, Thanks to Nick Watts (RogueVogue) I found a catch I like to hold the lock against the seat-box when stowed. It was not that they are hard to find, just I had no idea what they were called! Nick said "You mean a Gravelly Fastener", found some on line & I ordered them!

Si