suggs

Cycle racks?

Not used that one, but the Halfords over-the-spare-tyre 4 bike rack is very good at what it does, and has built in straps.

Actually no, but I did consider one for a long time. What put me off in the end was that it was a lot quicker to use a simple "sit over the spare wheel"-type as Bowie69 suggests. Then you can take it off with your hands if you want, or fold away the 'arms' (on mine at least) and not have 18" of metal sticking out the back when you don't need it.

Thanks for the replys, the paddock one is two parts the bit sticking out past the wheel removes in seconds just held on with a pin or padlock to a plate on the other side of the wheel and joins through the centre cap hole :)

The Simbar/Paddock type are a good rack. I've got one for the 110. Works better with a separate wheel carrier. Fully loaded, that's alot of weight to hang off your rear door!

that's alot of weight to hang off your rear door!

Agreed, each bike ~ 15Kg = 60Kg, plus the spare at what... 30Kg, if it's standard size?

Looking at it again, the Halfords one would still be my option -I don't own one but have used one quite a few time, work very nicely and no need to remove from the truck when not in use.

That's why I won't bother why an "Over the wheel type". Had one once, & as it aged, the more it started to drop earthbound. The Rack, that is! Anything else I can't help you with!

Fair to say that 110 is loaded up lol

what I'm after us the best way to fix the bikes to the rack, bungees?

I'd use small ratchet straps, bungees will give too much.

Small straps to secure them to the carrier with the bike nearest the spare wheel having additional security of a locking cable through the holes in the spare wheel. Then cycle lock each bike to each other. A bit of a pain when taking them off with all the locks but nobody will bother with all that hassle to steal them.

Tazz