Replacing rear side window felt strips

Don Del

Have a look at this http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=68899&view=findpost&p=589784

Otherwise you are left with the traditional route of removing the exterior rubber trim, drilling out all the rivets holding the frame in (40 odd per side IIRC), then 4 screws are holding the frame together. Once the frame is split and everything is in bits it's easy enough to put back together.... well sometimes the rubber holding the fixed pane is a bugger to refit actually. Anyway once it's done rivet it all back in and hope the seal to the body doesn't leak ;)

i replaced the felt in my sliding windows around 2 years ago with the LR stuff, and they are starting to rattle again, the felt just gets wet and over time and dosent perform as good...i didnt remove my windows, just scrape out the old stuff and work in the new felt using the sliding motion of the window to help push it along, only took around 30-45mins to do both sides..i would recommend that you use the woolies trim as mentioned, i will be using that when i do mine again the near future

• 5 years later...