2007 Defender vs. 90's D-90

I was doing some research on the new 2007 Defender that is scheduled to come out next year and was surprised to see that the exterior is pretty much the same except for a bulkier hood and small intake gills. www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/land-rover-to-improve-defender-for-2007-173811.php

The interior is much more cush and will come with a 2.7-liter turbodiese. I spoke to a fellow D-90 owner at the airport and he seemed to think that by opening up the Defender market it would decrease the value of the older models. I don't consider my D-90 an investment but more of an addiction. I thought it was an interesting issue though as it will be a new member of our Defender family.

webpage link adjusted to make it clicky :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western

It may make some difference to the nearly new models but I doubt it will make much difference to the old ones. There will still be a market for the 300Tdi age ones (up to 1998 in the UK and most of the world) which have no electronics in, because having no electrical rubbish in is one of the appeals of that age of Defender, and is the main reason a lot of them will still be going in the hands of enthusiasts in 30 or 40 years :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was just at the dealer picking up my wifes Range. Talked to the staff there and saw some paper from LR saying the 2007 Defender will have an improved interior and get this - a TD4 - engine. Appoligize if this is old news, but a TD4? Is this a viable engine, my td5 is only acceptable after being chipped.

I was just at the dealer picking up my wifes Range. Talked to the staff there and saw some paper from LR saying the 2007 Defender will have an improved interior and get this - a TD4 - engine. Appoligize if this is old news, but a TD4? Is this a viable engine, my td5 is only acceptable after being chipped.

Hiya Gaijin! you still got yer Raider?

Yellow: It's not the Freelander engine? Does anyone know the specs? Been thinking of moving up from a 90 to a 110.

Hillbilly: Yep. Crammed the tomb raider in the container from Dubai and it is now parked behind my house here in Switzerland. Still has the Dubai plates as I haven't figured out how to register it. Actually thinking of trading it for a 110 but just an idea right now.

Yellow: It's not the Freelander engine? Does anyone know the specs? Been thinking of moving up from a 90 to a 110.

Hillbilly: Yep. Crammed the tomb raider in the container from Dubai and it is now parked behind my house here in Switzerland. Still has the Dubai plates as I haven't figured out how to register it. Actually thinking of trading it for a 110 but just an idea right now.

Yes - there is a post from Kev Baldwin on the International forum with full details!