TD5 Pump probs

Dr Bob

TD5 running like a pig oil in ECU loom ect replaced the lot still running like a pig! The noticed the pump in the tank wasent running checked and replaced BINGO running perfect.So thinks me maybe it was the pump all the time so I cleaned up the old ECU fitted it and off I went (but not very far) started to run like a pig only this time stopped compleatley, pump not running and a feed is there. acording to the wireing diagram the ECU only switches in a relay.Can anybody help please?

Regards Bob

TD5 running like a pig oil in ECU loom ect replaced the lot still running like a pig! The noticed the pump in the tank wasent running checked and replaced BINGO running perfect.So thinks me maybe it was the pump all the time so I cleaned up the old ECU fitted it and off I went (but not very far) started to run like a pig only this time stopped compleatley, pump not running and a feed is there. acording to the wireing diagram the ECU only switches in a relay.Can anybody help please?

Regards Bob

We sust it! On start up the ECU puts the pump on full power, then after a few sec's it goes into pulse mode, if theECU is down and keeps the pump on full it burns out.Funny to answer my own post but I hope this can help someone else.

Regards Bob

The pump should come on with the ignition and then shut off after about 30 sec if the engine is not started, then come on as soon as the engine is started and stay running all the time. If yours isn't doing this then there might be a problem still.

The pump should come on with the ignition and then shut off after about 30 sec if the engine is not started, then come on as soon as the engine is started and stay running all the time. If yours isn't doing this then there might be a problem still.

Thats Monday mornings problem, thanks for your input , the guy that said it sould pulse when running is a foreman at a landrover garage so am going to fit the new ECU and pump and hope to hell it works then just get the £100 exchange back on the old ECU and put it down to experiance.Will keep you posted thanks again

Regards Bob