V8 90 Exhaust with Cats

I have recently converted my 300tdi 90 to a 3.9 V8 with Cats. I have to retain the Cats for the MOT due to the age of both the 90 and the engine (both 1996 :) ).

Does anyone know of a supplier for a mild steel mid and rear section? I have retained the Disco's downpipes and cats upto the Y piece. Basically I am looking for everything fromt he Y piece backwards.

I've tried Paddocks and the hoplessly expensive Rimmer Bros, will a 3.5 system fit my chassis and the Y piece without to many mods?

I believe the 3.5 is a much smaller bore, and is likely to strangle the engine somewhat, and not bolt up to the Y in any case.

If it was me, I would take it to a local exhaust fabricator (often advertising stainless) and see what they think cost-wise -could be surprisingly cheap compared to bodging around another system to fit.

I used the non cat downpipes in my 110 3.9V8 it only required a small mod to Y pipe on outlet leg of Y (ex discovery) to line up with standard 110 V8 exhaust . it would seem logical that the cat type Y pipe would only need a similar mod to line up with standard V8 90 exhaust ,the parts of which dont seem that expensive from paddocks .The exh diameter on a 110 V8 does not look restrictive as its same as outlet on 3.9 Y pipe . JMHO

I would love to get something made up or make my own, but sadly at this point I don't have time and will be pushed to get the wiring finished for when I need it, so need something fairly easy and untime consuming

Tacr2man was the standard 110 exhaust a 3.5 system?

Anyone have any data on bore sizes for a 90 3.5 system? I know the Disco Y piece has around a 3" outlet

Ah ha Dave, I've recently been messing with this kinda thing.

Now depending on the engine position this is a fairly easy one (mine is original factory fitted 90 V8, but now 3.9 and auto). I have RRC 3.9 front pipes mated to 90 Td5 rear section. They fit together very nicely, although the front pipe on one side hangs a bit below the chassis.

If you're coming to British Dirt/Mudmonsters at the weekend you can have a look.

Hi Mickey, Yeah I'd love to have a look but one big problem, I am still sat on the otherside of the North Sea :D Any chance of a few pictures though?

I'll admit I should have done a search before starting this thread, I dug this out: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=12519 And i think I may try Nige's suggestion.