Pheasant steps north wales

mudslingger

heres the grid ref nigel

pheasant pen steps

OS Grid Ref ****************

Cor fanx m8. Now me an me budys can go down ther at the wekend an get well muddy an trash it now we now wer der iz a lane wiv a muddy bit and wer it iz. Innit.

:wacko:

Chris

Edited by Hybrid_From_Hell
Injfo removed by request

Cor fanx m8. Now me an me budys can go down ther at the wekend an get well muddy an trash it now we now wer der iz a lane wiv a muddy bit and wer it iz. Innit.

:wacko:

Chris

its hardly a secret where it is after all ordanance survey put it on the map for all to see just like all the other byways and rights of way

i didnt realise that the location of byways had to be kept secret on this forum

It's such a shame that I use this forum to find useful information and some are willing to help and others feel the need to keep it all hush hush, I would respect the voluntary restriction But how the he'll would I know it's in place if we all keep it a secret

although I respected it 2 years ago clearly those who know it have no respect for it at all. Otherwise it would have chance to regenerate so how long are we expected to stay away whilst clearly it heads towards being taken from us?

Thanks mud magnet I will talk to you soon mate.

Chris you meet me when I brought the fridge, I do not think there was any need for your comments as mud magnet says I suspect the abuse is from locals and telling me where it is, is hardly going to encourage any extra abuse

Disappointed at response and editing have googled and found co ordiance and lots of useful advise, which is what I came here for not to be mocked and offended,

Now I will no how to avoid it as I now no where it is thanks lr4x4

Chris you meet me when I brought the fridge, I do not think there was any need for your comments as mud magnet says I suspect the abuse is from locals and telling me where it is, is hardly going to encourage any extra abuse

Disappointed at response and editing have googled and found co ordiance and lots of useful advise, which is what I came here for not to be mocked and offended,

Now I will no how to avoid it as I now no where it is thanks lr4x4

My point (which I agree I made in a very tongue in cheek manner, sorry if you are upset by it) is that this forum can be read by anyone, not just the responsible greeenlaner that you undoubtedly are - in telling you Mudmagnet has also told the rest of the worldwide internet. People who only seek to get their cars muddy and create a big mess on the ROWs can see it and they will use such information to go out and drive lanes which need to be protected.

Yes, of course the lanes are marked on OS maps. Most of them anyway - I can think of several here in Wiltshire which are not but appear on the definitive maps as BOATs. What the OS maps do NOT say is 'Here this is a very muddy lane, plenty of opportunity for mud slinging here!', they just show a pink line.

Voulountry restraints are usually administed by GLASS, CRAG, TRF and local clubs and user groups. They post notices at the end of the lanes where a VR applies. That is how we know. Or since this lane has a well known name, just knowing that name is enough if someone else says that it has a VR or a TRO on it.

Sending locations by PM seems to me much more sensible and avoids the issue.

The editing had nowt to do with me, but if I had the power I would have done it too.

Why am I so sensitive about it? I once made the error or divulging the location of a very tough (clearly but innocuously marked on the map) lane on an internet forum. The lane then got trashed by large groups of people driving down the lane at all hours of the day and night and wrecking it for the rest of us. If I can stop that happening again then I will and I do not care who likes it.

Chris