** Its Official ** Will Warne Goes Off Roading ** Its Official **

Yes, its official ........I have the photographic evidence ........

At Old Sodbury Wills new machine graced us with an Inaurgural Outing.

The Song that came to mind when we saw it in all its Glory was "3 wheels on my wagon" - except

it only just had 3, and only just 3 after being used hard before this event.

1 tyre - (the rear O/S ) was not only as flat as a f**t, but had big gashes in it so no way

would air hold, also these were just standard rims, no beadlockers, so risk of the tyre coming off under load was high

The wheel also had small axle problems too, in fact teh issue was a increasingly collapsing wheel bearing, which was made all the worse

when Jon White & I loaded all our complete c**p and s***te we had bought valuable spares on to its trayback, and then the day ended

with a spectacular "Roll" as the collapsing wheel / axle / tyre / bearing combo just couldn't cope with the extreme side slope Will put

it through as the last section as we left the site, causing the roll, and all the parts crashing off the trayback onto the ground

right where the visitors and spectators were trying to squeeze in and out.

Some helpfull fellow off roaders lifted his machine back on the worseing axle and upright, whist Jon & I lent up on each other in Hysterics

Will said "I suppose this will end on on LR4x4 then Nige ?"

:D

Yup, you betcha William :D

Nige

Photos of the event below :

post-22-0-02977200-1317908182_thumb.jpg post-22-0-93605100-1317908191_thumb.jpg post-22-0-31802600-1317908203_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-76394200-1317908215_thumb.jpg post-22-0-12077800-1317908229_thumb.jpg post-22-0-58679400-1317908242_thumb.jpg

:D

Nige

Well, I've shown I'm alive but clearly I need to get back to the drawing board!!!!

Nige is missing some of the crutical background to this. Me, get up on Sunday morning and think "I'm off to Sodbury and on the shopping list is a transfer box or two, I'd better take some sort of trolly." I rummage around in one of the barns and I find said trolley with very flat tyre. I try putting a bit of air in the tyre. Will it hold any??? Will it ****! "Hmmm", I think to myself, "is there anything better I could take?" I decide there isn't and take the old dog anyway the basis it might be useful. So, I get to sodbury and I find no suitable transfer boxes until I get to the bottom of the field. There's a pair there of the right ratio and the guy wants £30 for them. Sounds good to me as I only need them for a few parts. I think to myself, do I go and get the trolley or bring the car in. I sepak to the guy on the entrance - no cars are allowed in to collect for another two hours. OK, then - time to get the trolley. Even a dodgy trolley is better than carrying two transfer boxes! This proved to be correct... but only just!!!!

Anyway, everything got out of the site safely (even after a very unusual roll as the vehicle didn't roll onto the side with the flat tyre) although I was a little worried about Nige and Jon - that amount of laughter cannot be good for them!!!

Next time out I will hopefully be showing off something I can be a bit more proud of!

Come on Will, get that project done already! You been suffering vaporlock or something? In the time you have spent on that build I've gone from being a handsome strapping young stud in great demand by all the cougars in town, to a doddering old fa*t who has just paid the last instalment of his final resting place.

Bill.