In 2005 I did a full rebuild on a very sorry looking 1952 80, I did a fair job but it was never meant to be concourse, anyway life work etc etc got in the way and it has not been on the road since the end of 2007. I have decided I am going to get it back on the road, clearly it will need a full service and all the fluids changing and things need regressing etc.

However I have a few questions:

• When I put it on the road I ended up putting indicators on it although I have trafficators, it was simpler to get the MOT, however I want to put them back on, anyone using trafficators or has everyone gone for indicators?
  • Where is the best place to get a new tilt from these days? seen a few new faces at the shows.
  • my side windows have gone milky can I get replacements? if so from where?
  • Think I may treat it to a new set of tyres, where can I get one from?

I think that's it for now, but I am sure there will be more questions....

Jason.

post-15513-0-50422000-1318184005_thumb.jpg

go back to trafficators, look on ebay for some good windows, exmoor trim seem to be a popular favorite for hoods and stuff, youll need more than one tyre, but shopping around will find you the best deal i think.

Windows - are originally Perspex - which is now known as acrylic sheet. Builders merchants like Wicks (used to) stock it - take the channel (or lower bit) out and put new perspex in. You can probably use polycarbonate sheet if you prefer.

The channel is narrower than that used on S2's -

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-290-single-track.aspx

go back to trafficators, look on ebay for some good windows, exmoor trim seem to be a popular favorite for hoods and stuff, youll need more than one tyre, but shopping around will find you the best deal i think.

I have looked on ebay for windows but nothing better comes up, I have also looked at exmoor trim but they seem expensive compared to others I have seen I know you pay for quality but there are limits, as they don't sell directly I think that's where the extra cost comes from, I will only need one set of tyres!! :i-m_so_happy: had a look around but there does not seem to be many original size/pattern available

Undercover hoods seem top of the pile for series 1 hoods - certainly very well recommended in the series 1 club.

I did talk to them at billing but their web site is pathetic and when I called them got no response, will try again.

Jason, I think it was undercover hoods that you spoke too at Billing?

It was Ross but was looking for feedback.

Windows - are originally Perspex - which is now known as acrylic sheet. Builders merchants like Wicks (used to) stock it - take the channel (or lower bit) out and put new perspex in. You can probably use polycarbonate sheet if you prefer.

The channel is narrower than that used on S2's -

http://www.woolies-t...ngle-track.aspx

Cheers, I replaced them with Perspex last time, and they have gone milky after 5 years, hence my question about, what others used.

Undercover Covers didn't bother to answer my e-mail when I asked about price etc for my SII... So the order went to Allwheeltrim. The hood is great, but it took some time before I got it delivered. Well worth the wait. ;)

I had the same problem just looked at Allwheeltrim, their prices seem to be good also, they may be getting a call!!

Thanks, Jason.

its worth joining the club, alot of what you are asking is available through the club, including tyres.

I did join the club a few years back when I first got it, however I didn't find any value they seemed very disorganised only got one magazine and didn't even get a reminder to renew so didn't. Has it improved now?

Jason.

Yeah it's an excellent club, I was at the National this year and it was one of the best I've been to. the wealth of information on the forum is worth the membership alone. There is I think a 6 page thread about tyres and someone has located original sizes, and don't quote me but there is also a club discount IIRC.

If your existing windows are sound but dull it may be worth having a search for perspex cleaning or something. There seem to be a number of techniques and products - some may be suitable for you.

Its going to become more of a problem looking at some of the very elaborate clear plastic fittings on cars that are going cloudy.