Spring Dilemma...

Ok not seen a suspension thread for a while so thought I'd mix it up again... sorry.

Right, since getting my truck back on the road (just over a year) the initial set-up was copied off a chap who has a post in the tech archive on how he put a 2+(ish) lift on his 90.

He put HD RR classic springs NRC4304's on the rear (which "naturally have +2" over standard but only 170lb) and DA4202's on the front (Brit part HD +2" @ 230lb)... when she's empty, like I mean not an extra nut in the back... the rear end is slightly higher than the front (which is how I want it!) - now I usually carry the spare in the back (temporary measure), 10L fuel, recovery equipment and some tools, which add a bit of perminant ballast.

Presently with that standard kit in, the rear end sits just below the front. and you put any more than that in and it just gets worse... drives ok still though, no excessive wollowing.

I've still got the winch to put up front, got other bits and bobs to bolt on the rear end to which will make the standard ride height even lower at the back.

I'm quite happy with the front as it is, so looking at changeing out the rear springs make her look less saggy.

She's going to go traveling next summer (bit of overland) so she's going to have to carry a full load in the back. -

Question:

Do i go for full on HD rear springs at 340lb/inch (DA4204) or stick to the lighter 220lb/inch (DA4203) spring.

I want to avoid changeing the fronts if possible.

OR do I just put a spacer in with the springs I've already got.....

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mav

Red whites all round gets my vots or RRC HD 170Lbs I have them on my 90 currently at the front only winch and tubular bumper and they work well. Rear is currently 2 inch spacers and 130Lbs springs as its been truck cabbed for the nationals earlier this year. will go back to red whites all round +1 or +2 inch rear spacers Procomp +2's and a bit of jiggling ok, well alot of jiggling making the most of the travel available by moving the shock mounts lower once all the bump stops are trimmed to give me no rubbing of my tyres at full compression.

As I find the drive just fine as it is, I'm swaying towards some Gwyn lewis spacers... but I've always thought of spacers as a bit of a "cheat" dunno why. - any disadvantages for fitting spacers? - I've got +2" shocks, so not concerned about topping out my shocks.