V8 into series 2/3

Jon W

Well I have fitted the lowest temperature intermotor stat for the bottom hose, I am trying to sort the bottom rad hose there is less of a kink in it. Also having the extra port from the top by the carbs to the top of the rad fitted. Which apparently speaking to a few people makes a big difference, but can really work out why. Also having a better core put into my rad for better cooling which if calculated correctly will give 25% more capacity. 

Will let you know how it goes when it's all back together 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have fitted the rad and lower thermostat, runs at about 85c when moving, then 90-95 when slow or stopped. Need to do some slow lanes to see if it really heats up or see if the fan cools it enough.

But so far things are looking a lot better/safer

thanks

Jon 

On 12/06/2017 at 10:33 AM, FridgeFreezer said:

I'd guess the top bleed hose allows air bubbles to bleed out from the highest spot and keep the system working correctly. Certainly that's true for the EFI manifold.

I'd always wondered about that small hose.  Does the manifold have coolant in the side walls?  I presume it's to reduce icing when the engine is warm, rather than to cool the induction system?