Vaccum tubing?

rusty_wingnut

I am getting close to the end (I hope) of my megasquirt build using one of Nige's kits. I am a little confused about how to route and connect the vaccum tubing supplied in the kit. I can see various vaccum connections on the plenum but no idea what to connect where, any ideas?

Also if anyone knows a source for a long length of plug lead I'd appreciate it, even better an idea on length!

1996 36D 3.9V8 Serp, with coil packs mounted in a line.

Cheers

I connected the vacuum pipe on the the connection on the top of the plenum where the old dizzy vacuum advance used to go and then ran it to the Megasquirt ECU.

When you say mounter in a line, is that in a line over the water pump using Nige's bracket or in a line over the driver's side rocker cover, or in a line some where else.

Nige can now make plug leads I believe and probably knows the length for his brackets, I know the lengths for an over the rocker cover mounts.

PS I should really get around to doing my big post with pictures write up :D

I connected the vacuum pipe on the the connection on the top of the plenum where the old dizzy vacuum advance used to go and then ran it to the Megasquirt ECU.

I thought the vacuum pipe need to be fitted the other side of the throttle butterfly.

Mine is fitted to the side of the plenum, next to the brake servo vacuum take off.

DO NOT connect to the pipe above the plenum entry its a poor "Clean" MAP signal

T in to the PRV Value on the back of the plkenum, use the pipe that goes into the back of the plenum for a clean signal, and then T in the

original pipes. Cut off the pipe that sticks up at the plenum, and either solder or Alaradite up closed

I try V V V hard as an admin not to ever be accused of spamming LR4x4 but as has been said above I do (not on website as I haven't extracted digitus yet) :P

now have 8mm ultra High Quality DIY lead kits for all EDIS powered engines, so best either E-mail me (e-mail on website) or PM me

I'll not add to this thread anymore for risk of being accused of spamming :(

Nige

Nige I will email Re, leads.

I should point out my problem with the tubing is made a whole lot harder but not having any of the original on the engine :( So an idiots guide would be useful, especially as I am not too familiar with V8s.

Am I correct in thinking there is a connection on the fuel pressure regulator?

I had mine plumbed into the plenum where the charcoal canister used to connect, but I seem to get better results by teeing it into the pipe from near the IAC to the fuel pressure regulator line as HFH says (somewhat obliquely ;) ). More damping maybe. I bet he provides a tee for this purpose. The dizzy vacuum takeoff is a weird thing, it is slightly upstream of the butterfly and gives very little vacuum at idle. I never understood what LR were trying to achieve with it. I removed the nipple and whacked an old dremel tool shaft into the hole.

That's where mine is, using a screw in adapter, though I am sure the PRV is fine.

In all honesty it probably makes bugger all difference to it, as long as you tune to the vacuum generated... and don't then move the pickup point :P

Er "Non"

1. T in to the PRV hoses on the back of the plemum, and then other end to the ECU

OR

2. Connect to trumpet base on side of plemun and then to ECU

DO NOT connect to pipe above butterfly on plenum entry and then to ECU

On either one or 2 cut of pipe over butterfly and solder / glue closed

Nige