registering an engine DVLA

I notified them of my conversion about 2 months ago, they didn't ask for any other details I just filled in the new engine number on the V5 and it came back a couple of weeks later with the new engine number on it. I was quite surprised I thought they would have wanted proof of who fitted it and everything but they didn't ask for anything.

Been quite a few threads about this before. In my experience (having done it twice)

First time I put the engine number change on the V5 and sent it in they changed it quite happily and returned the V5

The next time they asked to see a reciept from the engine fitter/supplier and they may possible ask for a headed paper from a garage saying they've checked it and it has been fitted ok. I also sent a photo showing the engine in and a close up of the new engine number as well.

HTH

i recently sent off the v5 for my series 3 to change the paint to black, the engine number and the capacity to 4.0 from 2.6. Annoyingly it only came back with only the engine number and colour changed :huh:

i recently sent off the v5 for my series 3 to change the paint to black, the engine number and the capacity to 4.0 from 2.6. Annoyingly it only came back with only the engine number and colour changed :huh:

All i would say...don't do too many things all at once...coz they get easily confused!!!! :o

cos there annoying, we tried taxing our tractor a few months ago, they wouldnt let us tax it cos they said we dont have it and its been exported to poland or somewhere, well it was sat in our yard at the time, had the paperwork. needless to say its now taxed after a long argument.

thats one of the main reasons i dont just temporarily change this runabout to a TDI untill brians done, cos by the time i ts gone through, ill be changing it back again.

I've never had a problem with them when I have done this so just submit the information and see what happens.

Whatever you do don't ignore it as if anything happens in the future you could just be making trouble for yourself with non-matching numbers on the doccumentation.

When I wanted to get my 200 tdi engine's number onto my V5, I sent off my V5 then it came back with a covering letter asking me-ok telling me that I would need proof of the legitimate ness of it and asked me for a copy of the receipt from where i got it from so i asked Frida as as I got it from Turners to confirm that i got it from them they sent me a copy of the work/job order and receipt for the long engine that i got from them and then I sent it all off to the DVLA and it eventually came back changed-took best part of 30 days to get it back from them mind

That was two or so years ago and I'm quite surprised that who ever does what I did above doesn't get asked the same to be honest